The British Chevening Scholarships for International Students 2022/2023 application process has commenced. Login to www.chevening.org scholarship registration portal online or Register via their website.
This online international scholarship portal guides you on how to apply for Chevening scholarships, Chevening scholarship amount, eligibility requirements, deadlines, and the Application Process.
We witnessed numerous students nervous about how to apply for Chevening scholarship Afghanistan, so don’t panic as we have a lot of testimonies of international students who used our Nigerian Chevening scholarship application process and ended up being awarded.
Eligibility Requirements for British Chevening Scholarships for International Students
Ineligible applications will be rejected, so it is important that you check that you meet our eligibility criteria before you start your application.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
Otherwise, you are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
- Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK, as long as you can clearly explain why it will help you fulfill your career plan to influence positive change in your home country.
- Once submitted, applications undergo an electronic sift against our eligibility criteria. Any applications deemed ineligible will be removed from the selection process. Please see the list of common errors here. If you make these errors in your application form, your application will be ineligible. Please note that once your application has been submitted, it is not possible to change it retrospectively.
- Relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years.
CHECK OUT THESE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme
- Cambridge University Scholarships for International Students
- University of Victoria Scholarships for International Students
- Simon Fraser University Scholarships for International Students
- Boise State University Scholarships for International Students
- Boston University Scholarships for International Students
- Berea College Scholarships for International Students
- Jefferson Scholarship
- Scholarships for International Students in Canada
- Cape Breton University Scholarships for International Students
- Mext Scholarship
- University of Warwick Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- University of Nottingham Scholarships for International Students
- Clarendon Scholarship
- Oxford-Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships
How to Apply for British Chevening Scholarships 2022/2023
To apply for the ongoing British Chevening Scholarship, ensure you have read all the presented requirements. and be sure you fit in.
- Next, click here to visit the British Chevening Scholarships Application Portal.
- Select your choice for Chevening Scholarship openings,
- Read the requirements,
- Next, apply for any of the chevening scholarship afghanistan openings.
- Click here and add your email, to get Latest Scholarships updates.
When is British Chevening Scholarships for International Students 2023 Applications Deadline?
The deadline for applications is 2 November 2023 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
Note: EARLY TO MID-FEBRUARY 2023 APPLICANTS WILL BE SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Are you going to apply for the British Chevening Scholarships for International Students 2023 Right Away?
Or maybe you’re ready to start searching for other financial aid.
Either way, leave a comment below right now.