How To Write A Business Plan – answers the questions of:
- How do i write a startup business plan?
- Secondly, how to create an effective business plan?
- How do i write a good business plan?
- How do you write a business model?
- Finally, how do i write a simple business plan?
However, in this page you will understand what the Business Plan is.
A business plan could be explained to be The core strength of any business is the extent and quality of its plan, and the investor knows this more than anyone else. The curriculum vitae aims at securing an interview, while the business plan not only serves as a roadmap, guide and description on the intricate nature of the structure, operational format and path of expansion for any business but also a means of securing funds, new partnerships, or investment interests as it articulates the prime objective of the business and thus literally speaks for the business. Your business plan is aimed at arousing the interest in a potential investor, to arouse the interest to the extent of action.Most failed sponsorship proposals do so on the basis of poorly prepared or totally uninteresting business plan and not necessarily due to non viability of the prospect.
- 1 Choosing a Business Plan Format.
- 2 How to Write an Effective Business Plan – The Best Way to Create a Business Plan
- 3 BUSINESS/COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
- 4 MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION:
- 5 PRODUCT AND SERVICES:
- 6 SALES AND MARKETING:
- 7 FUNDING REQUEST:
- 8 FINANCIAL REPORTS AND PROJECTIONS:
- 9 APPENDIX:
Choosing a Business Plan Format.
There are two types of business plan, it could be a Traditional Business Plan or A Lean/Concise Business Plan. While the traditional business plan is encompassing and comprehensive ,providing very detailed information on every aspect of the business, conversely, the Concise business plan adopts a laconic and precise approach, in an attempt to provide as much information in very brief terms. The Concise business plan could also be target-specific. That is, it could be modelled to highlight specific information based on the specific purpose for which it is been prepared. In this thread, we will concentrate effort on the Traditional Business Plan. Providing a step to step guide on and easy way to prepare an excellent business plan.
Who Needs A Business Plan?.
Well, every business. New and existing businesses create business plans. While the already existing may do so for purpose of readjustment and dynamism either to market and business trends or in an effort to attract a particular investment or fund, the new business creates a plan to define its operations and modes of intra and inter relations.
How to Write an Effective Business Plan – The Best Way to Create a Business Plan
There exist no rule of the thumb for preparation of the standard business plan. The primal objective should be the satisfaction of the purpose for which it is been created.
The Traditional Business Plan.
The traditional business plan is conventionally articulated in nine sections.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- BUSINESS/COMPANY DESCRIPTION
- MARKET ANALYSIS
- MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION
- PRODUCT AND SERVICES
- SALES AND MARKETING
- FUNDING REQUEST
- FINANCIAL REPORTS AND PROJECTIONS
Let’s get started!
This is an overview of your firm/business or company. Explain your company and the reasons you will succeed. Be confident and bold especially if you’re a new business. Give your mission statement, your product or service, vision statement and basic information about your organization’s leadership team, employees, and location(s). Include expansion prospects.
This explains what you do as an entreprise.
This outlines your research on your industry, market, potential market and threats in form competitors or policies.Research on what other businesses are doing. Here analyze your strength, weakness, opportunities and threats. State how you have or intend to overcome your weakness and threats to seize your opportunities and utilize your strength.
MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION:
An outline of your business and organizational structure. For a new business, outline how your organization will be defined in terms of leadership and several portfolios to exist within it.The already existing company should list the various offices and occupants and state the chain of authority.Use and organizational chart to show the chain of authority and specific functions of offices. You cab include the professional experiences of key persons and explain how it will contribute to the increased profitability of your enterprise. Specify the mode of promotion. State the legal structure of your business.
PRODUCT AND SERVICES:
What in precise terms do you offer as a business? Provide detailed information about your business, the sphere it occupies in the economy. List out your consumer(where this is not sensitive information), organizations, parastatals and businesses you serve or hope to serve. What are your company’s advantages. Do you possess a team with more experience, skill or technology than other companies? What organizations are you affiliated to ad a business? List it.
SALES AND MARKETING:
How have and will you market your business? What are you strategies for reaching you customers and potential customers.There’s no one best marketing strategy. Whatever strategy you adopt must fit your industry’s unique needs.Remember marketing aims at expanding and retaining market share. This will be the basis for your reference when you make fund requests and financial projections.
What are the pecuniary implications of the enterprise’s projects and prospect. In the short-term, say 4-6 years, how much money will the business require.State your funding request or opportunities for investment(if you have any). If you are requesting for funds. Briefly but precisely outline the funding requests.Specify whether you are demanding debt or equity, state the applicable terms and conditions and the duration before maturity and provide a succinct explanation of how it is going to be employed. Are you requesting fund for purchase of machinery? to offset enumeration costs? To provide for overheads? or specific bills? buy equipment or materials, pay salaries, or cover specific bills until revenue increases. Also describe your future financial prospects. How you intend to amortize, liquidate, merge or sell off.
FINANCIAL REPORTS AND PROJECTIONS:
Provide financial information of the business. Display documents like the Statement of Financial Position and the Trading, Profit, Loss and other financial Information Account.This would serve as a supporting document for your funding request. The aim of which is to prove the liquidity, viability and stability of your business.For an already existing business, show balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statement for up to six years . If you possess excess capital or collateral, include it.Then provide a prospective financial expectation fThe appendix should provide documents were required. Such covering documents can include product images, credit histories. resumes, Statement of Financial Position, reference letters, patents, permits, legal documents, special receipts, contract documents and Trading, Profit, Loss and Other Financial Information Accounts.
This sectional are ignored by some businesses. It is therefore optional but our team of experienced experts advice you include it. It can include résumés, permits and licenses.The appendix should provide documents were required. Such covering documents can include product images, credit histories. resumes, Statement of Financial Position, reference letters, patents, permits, legal documents, special receipts, contract documents and Trading, Profit, Loss and Other Financial Information Accounts.With these tips, you can proceed to prepare your excellent business plan to guarantee your success as a business.
Should in case you have ant challenges, feel free to use the wealth of experience of our team of experts. Contact us through our comment box.
Take A Tour
- Nigerian Army Recruitment 78RRI
- Nigerian Police Recruitment Form
- UNICEF Recruitment in Nigeria
- BBC Recruitment World Service
- First Bank Graduate Trainee Job
- INEC Ad-Hoc Staff Recruitment 2019
- Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment
- JUST NOW! ECOWAS Recruitment
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment
- DPR Recruitment
- Taxify Recruitment
- NIS Recruitment
- Nigerian Police Shortlisted
- NNPC Recruitment
- Dhl Recruitment
- Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarship 2019/2020
- Nigerian Police Recruitment
- Naf DSSC shortlisted candidates
- NYSC Portal 2019 | NYSC Registration
- NYSC mobilisation
- 2019 NYSC Mobilisation Requirements
- Leadership Newspaper Recruitment
- Navy DSSC26 Supplementary List
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment Form
- Nigerian Air force Recruitment
- How to Apply for Nigerian Prisons Service
- Nigerian Army Recruitment 78RRI
- Nigerian Army Names of shortlisted candidates
- Custom Service Recruitment
- Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment
- NIS Recruitment 2019/2020
- Guinness Nigeria PLC Recruitment
- Guaranty Trust Bank Job Recruitment
- Guaranty Trust Bank Internship Programme
- British American Tobacco Recruitment 2019/2020
- Dangote Recruitment Careers Registration 2019/2020
- Total Nigeria PLC Recruitment 2019/2020
- nnpc-graduate trainee shortlisted-candidates/
- Police Shortlist 2019
Finally, Do you have any questions? feel free to let us know.
Disclaimer: careersngr Do not have any influence on the ongoing registration. What we do provide, are the necessary information required for you to be selected on the recruitment registration program.
- And other recruitment sites.
- Navy DSSC26 List
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment
- Nigerian Air force Recruitment
- NYSC Portal 2019
- ECOWAS Recruitment
- OFFICIAL Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Recruitment 2019
- Nigerian Stock Exchange Job
- Dangote Group Recruitment
- Guinness Nigeria Recruitment
- Microsoft Company Jobs
- How to Apply For Jumia Recruitment
- Sahara Group Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment
- Mariteam Recruitment
- OPEC Recruitment
- Flour Mill Recruitment
- Adexen Recruitment
- Nlng Recruitment
- Wema Bank Recruitment
- Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment
- Custom Recruitment
- NSCDC Recruitment
- NNPC Shortlisted Candidates
- GIG Group Recruitment 2019 Vacancies Begins
- Unilag Recruitment
- Norwegian Recruitment
- Danish Recruitment
- Nigerian Breweries Recruitment