IMEI – NCC News – See Why NCC Ask Nigerians to Submit Phone IMEI.
The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, says Nigerians will have to submit the International Mobile Equipment Identity, IMEI, of their phones to it from July. The regulatory body said this in the Commission’s Revised National Identity Policy for SIM Card Registration.
What is IMEI?
IMEI is a unique 15 digit IMEI number on every mobile phone, GSM modem or device with a built-in phone / modem.
Example: IMEI 123456789012347
Note: that with this number, you can check some information about the device, eg brand or model, identifies valid devices, and can stop a stolen phone from accessing the network (by giving the network provider the IMEI number to blocklist the phone).
Why NCC Ask Nigerians to Submit Phone IMEI?
- The regulatory body said because it’s in the Commission’s Revised National Identity Policy for SIM Card Registration.
Controversies About this Phone IMEI Submission
Some Nigerian Citizen have taken it to their social media account saying they will never submit any Phone IMEI to NCC.
In fact some Nigerian even went far quoting the constitution;
Section 37 of the 1999 Constitutions provides that:
“The privacy of the citizen, their homes, correspondence, telephone conversation, and telegraphic communications is hereby guaranteed and protected.”Section 37 of the 1999 Constitutions.
Note the Submission process will begin from July 2021.
Other News are:
- DCSL Shortlisted Candidates
- P-Yes Shortlisted Candidates
- NALDA Shortlisted Candidates
- www.e-yes.en.gov.ng shortlisted candidates
- NIS Shortlisted Candidates
- Nigerian AirForce Shortlisted Candidates
- Nigerian Army DSSC & SSC Shortlisted
- Nigeria Police Shortlisted Candidate
- NSCDC Shortlisted Candidates
- NSCDC Recruitment
Do you think this post can be helpful to somebody else? Then, why not share it on Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp or Email it to friends. Using the buttons below for the activity.
However, Do you have any question, Please, Feel Free to let us know at the comment box.