Genesis Group is a wholly Nigerian owned Catering, Hospitality & Entertainment Conglomerate with business interest in Hotels, Restaurants, Cinemas, Shopping Malls, Real Estate Development, Outdoor Catering, Industrial Catering & Housekeeping Management, and Food Production.
The Head of Human resources (HR) advises on, approves and implements policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organisation.
The aims of the role are:
- To manage the right balance in employment of staff in terms of skills and experience and ensure its effectiveness.
- To manage the training and development opportunities available to employees to enhance their performance and achieve the company’s business aims.
- To manage the range of activities required by the company that employs people,whatever the size or type of business. These cover areas such as working practices, recruitment, pay, and conditions of employment, negotiation with external work-related agencies, and equality and diversity.
- To oversee the activities centered towards strategy and planning geared towards the staff welfare and administration.
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
- Undertaking regular salary reviews.
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety.
- Working with line managers on HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Managing the planning, delivering, training and inductions for new staff.
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Overseeing staff recruitment which includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting,interviewing and selecting candidates
- Overseeing the development and implementation of policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Working closely with departments (consultancy role) assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the promotion of equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization.
- Managing any negotiation with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions.
- Supervising the administration of payroll and maintenance of employee records.
- Managing the interpretation and advice on employment law.
- Managing any dealings with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Managing and monitoring all HR issues of a division: recruitment, training, admin,development in accordance with legal requirements and in line with the company’s practices.
- Managing the support effective creative design for the implementation of systems to monitor the effectiveness of recruitment strategies.
- Managing the development and descriptions of job functions and profiles in all units.
- Managing HR strategy and performance in co-operation with the executive team.
- Ensuring activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
To apply for this job please visit careerslip.com.