Applicants interested in working at 54gene Nigeria should please check below for this available vacancy:
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Projects
- As a Project Manager at 54gene, you will play a critical role in supporting the organization to achieve its goals.
- You are required to be organized, analytical and thorough in owning, coordinating, managing and overseeing all aspects of project implementation from inception to completion within the set timeframe, budget and scope.
- You will think quickly and strategically when identifying and addressing challenges; and, you will display sensitivity and high levels of emotional intelligence when interacting with all stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop technically feasible project proposals that define the project scope, objectives, phased approach, and timeline for execution
- Develop SOPs to guide the execution of the projects on the field
- Determine resources (material and human) required to meet the objectives of the project, and allocate appropriately
- Prepare budget for project based on resource requirements, logistics and key activities required for the execution of the project
- Determine other department(s) required to join the execution team. Define the responsibilities of each departmental team member
- Develop detailed project plan showing the phases of the project, tasks/activities, resource requirements per task, team member responsible and timeline
- Establish and document the processes to be followed during project execution
- Define S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) KPIs specific to the project
- Perform risk management to minimize risks on the project
- Design (real-time) project tracker for monitoring progress, as well as a reporting template for weekly reports
- Coordinate the training/onboarding of key personnel required for executing the project, where applicable.
- Implement project using industry best practices and following all established processes and ethical rules and guidelines
- Create and maintain an organized comprehensive project documentation
- Track project costs to ensure activities are implemented within the budget
- Liaise with team members to ensure tasks are being achieved completely and in a timely manner
- Manage contracts with stakeholders by assigning tasks and communicating deliverables
- Monitor progress daily and make adjustments as needed
- Update project tracker daily or as frequently as changes occur
- Measure project performance, document challenges and develop action plans for addressing the challenges
- Discuss action plan with management and execute immediately.
- Prepare weekly reports highlighting key updates, trends and progress
- Share weekly report with management.
- Develop stakeholder management plan
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Keep stakeholders informed on all crucial changes that occur during the course of the project
- Hold stakeholders accountable in an emotionally-intelligent manner
- Identify stakeholders’ preferred means of communication and use this channel always.
- Conduct secondary research and literature reviews to support internal reports
- Perform valid and reliable market research relating to internal initiatives, as required. This includes but is not limited to: benchmark analysis, competitive analysis, industry analysis, gap analysis, and SWOT analysis
- Remain fully informed on industry trends and implement best practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to analyze large sets of data, interpret and report in a coherent format
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a life sciences discipline)
- MBA, MPH, PhD, MD or other relevant Graduate or Post-Graduate degree is a plus
- 3+ years of multidisciplinary experience in management consulting, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, or other related industry
- Certification in project management e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2, is a plus.
- Proven working experience in project management: Should have managed a team consisting of at least three other members on several short-to-medium term client projects.
- Authorization to work in the Nigeria
- Valid international travel documentation
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online