Website ipNX Nigeria Limited
ipNX is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies, serving a multitude of needs across enterprises, small businesses and residents with innovative, world-class services.
Applicants interested in working at ipNX Nigeria Limited should please check below for this available vacancy:
Job Title: System Analyst / Developer – OSS / BSS
Job ID: 72
Department: Information Systems and Technology
Function: System Analysis and Software Development
Reporting to: Head, Information Systems & Technology
Travel Frequency: Occasionally
Purpose of the Job
- Primary responsibility for the development and support of the OSS / BSS platform and its integration with other systems and applications.
Expected Key Results:
- Develop and build software and applications.
- Ensure feasibility and usefulness of projects.
- Periodic project status reports
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Minimum 2.1/ Upper Credit Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems or any related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- Hands-on experience with Perl programming, Linux, Postgres RDBMS, and Apache web server required.
- Demonstrated experience developing database-driven web applications using PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails, or Java, a plus.
- Previous experience in Telco OSS / BSS software, such as Freeside and FreeRadius, a big advantage.
- Strong integration skills.
- Good understanding of web application development using HTTP REST, software standards, software development life cycle and methodologies.
- Knowledge of software development process, quality control, and impact assessment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in mobile platforms, internet technologies and user interface.
- Experience working in a multi-platform (LINUX, Mac-OS and Windows) environment.
- Experience working with version control systems (Subversion, Git).
- Strong team player.
- Ability to mentor less experienced engineers.
- Solid problem solver.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new toolsets, technology and concepts.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects effectively, deal with changing priorities, and to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to present information and ideas clearly and succinctly and to explain various application software and hardware to end users.