Smiling Hearts Initiatives International is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist Officer
Locations: Maiduguri – Borno, Adamawa and Yobe
Employment Type: Contract
About Smiling Hearts Initiatives International: Smiling Hearts Initiatives International (SHI) is a non-governmental, nonprofit organization founded in Nigeria and has been operational since 2016 as Zumunchi Hearts Initiative International before its official registration with the CAC on the 10th October 2018 as Smiling Hearts Initiative International (SHI Int.). SHI Int. is committed to immediate humanitarian relief and support to those in urgent need and also protects dignity of persons affected by natural deserter, violence crime or any other emergency. Independent, private and nonprofit, Nigerian base NGO SHI Int’l (operating under the Nigerian law) respects a strict political and religious impartiality, and operates following principles of non-discrimination, transparency, according to its core values: Compassion, Equality, Diversity, Integrity, Team Work and Responsiveness
- Degree / Diploma in Agriculture, Nutrition, Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies, Social Sciences or related academic disciplines, 2 – 3 years previous experience working in developmental and emergency projects.
- Previous experience in food distribution supervisory field is preferable.
- Ability to write reports.
- Able to work outside of regular working hours as required, including evenings and weekends if required.
- Experience with survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word).
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply online
Note: SHI is an equal opportunity organization with high regards to Gender, as such qualified female candidate are highly encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2023.