The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Analyst I, Research Analytics
Division: Planning, Research and Strategy
- Regulatory Research analyst will provide the needed support for the PM and AGM while being mentored by both to ensure effective teamwork and service delivery.
- The analyst will be responsible for designing survey templates, data collection and processing, data analysis and drafting reports
- Receive research questions and concerns on behalf of the Research team.
- Interface with other Divisions/Units of the Commission to follow-up on tasks and deliverables
- Attend meetings, take meeting notes, prepare minutes and recording of meeting deliberations.
- Assist in maintenance of research database for the Commission, follow-ups and tracking progress in compilation of Reports for the Commission.
- Provide day-to-day support related to research activities of the PRS Division and the Commission.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree (2:1), A Master’s Degree, Higher Diploma and/or Membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.
- Field of Study: Data Analytics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, any Social Sciences, Physics, Any field of Engineering.
- Articulate and fluency in communication, disposition to working collaboratively in teams and knowledge sharing. Creative writing ability, Attention to Detail, Problem Solving
- Ability to research, read and summarize information from articles, research studies, and presentations.
- Speedy and accurate data handling skills.
- Demonstrable competence in the use of Microsoft Office tools including the use of MS 365, MySQL for data analysis or other data visualization tools.
- Minimum years of experience: 4 years in a project management team or related activity involving research and report writing.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
|Job Category||Research / Survey Jobs in Nigeria|