To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Pediatric HIV & PMTCT
Job Category: Fixed Term
- The incumbent will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality facility-level pediatric ART, PMTCT, RH/FP, OVC support and other services at the state level.
- In addition, will work with others in the state office, local implementing partners and facility staff to ensure all services provided are appropriately documented using the national tools/organizational reporting platforms.
- Provide technical assistance to health facilities to ensure the provision of an integrated and holistic pediatric ART and PMTCT services, provide support for quality pediatric HIV care including diagnosis and management of opportunistic infections, ARV regimen optimization and monitoring for improved viral suppression, adverse drug reactions and drug resistance, coordinate facility and community-level interventions to ensure mother-baby-pair tracking, adherence support and retention of children on ART.
- The Technical Officer will work with the OVC partners in the state to ensure bi-directional linkages of children living with HIV/AIDS, provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities in PMTCT/EID sites in collaboration with appropriate GoN stakeholders, ensuring timely and adequate documentation.
- He/she will also contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of pediatric HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to improve the design of new and existing programs.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT, TB and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- BSc. Nursing, Public health, Pharmacy, or other closely related field with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- BS/BA in Statistics, Microbiology, or other relevant degree with 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 11th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.
|Job Category||Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|