Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Programmatic Solutions, Information Solutions and Services
Job Requisition ID: 2022201581
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Manages a team of technical professionals and oversees the portfolio of programmatic work for direct projects to evaluate, develop, implement and support data management and technology solutions.
- Oversees the day-to-day technical and operational aspects of projects, ensuring they are adequately resourced and work plans are on track, with technical expertise informing project implementation.
- Establishes priorities for assigned technology initiatives, leads system architecture or design, conducts feasibility studies, and develops implementation and upgrade plans.
- Coordinates with stakeholders across the organizations as needed to ensure that technology solutions are reliable, available and meet the business needs.
- To support the ongoing operations there is a strong emphasis on change and configuration management, quality reviews, system integration and system acceptance testing.
- Supports and ensures that the technology recovery plans fully support the company’s business continuity and disaster recovery needs.
- Responsible for budget development and management for both ongoing expense items and capital projects.
- May be required to coordinate with peers from a diverse group of organizations, such as Ministries of Health, district health staff, several international and national development partner organizations and donor organizations.
- Oversees the planning, monitoring and processes for all assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates and manages relationships with key stakeholders.
- Serves as a thought leader for innovative solutions and platforms to address business needs.
- Develops and implements new or revised policies and procedures to ensure proper implementation of programs and services.
- Ensures technical implementation is consistent with best practices in the industry.
- Provides technical advice to management and other functional areas to improve or change processes or enhance systems.
- Assists with budget planning, resources, objectives and strategic planning for department and make sure they align with organizational goals.
- Manages and trains staff on policies and procedures to achieve department goals and meet required deadlines and ensure overall completion of projects and technology updates.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with information technology and systems, particularly DHIS 2 and Power BI.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management and technical skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, negotiates and works well with others.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, for obtaining results.
- Decisions made generally affect company operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Manages staff to meet departmental and organizational strategic goals.
- Accounts for the budget, procedures, and training of staff to achieve results.
- Develops and recommends solutions to management meet internal and external needs of the company.
- Reports to Director, Business Solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Typically requires 8+ years of information technology and systems management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior experience working in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Director / Associate Partner Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria|