We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership and partnerships.
We need an individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, passionate with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the capacity below:
Job Title: Associate Director, State Program Operations
Job Codes: ADSPO-GMB001, ADSPO-KG001, ADSPO-KD001, ADSPO-LG001
Locations: Gombe, Kogi, Kaduna and Lagos
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall technical and programmatic leadership to implementation of the organization ’s comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care services across supported health facilities, and communities.
- Lead and coordinate engagement of host state government ministries, departments and agencies to enhance program ownership and sustainability.
- Ensure seamless operations of the project teams to optimize technical assistance and site support to health facilities and community-based organizations delivering comprehensive HIV services.
- Coordinate periodic but regular engagement of stakeholders in program appraisals through conduct of strategic review meetings.
- Coordinate capacity building of government of Nigeria officials on technical, programmatic and managerial competencies.
- Support implementation of the National HIV clinical mentorship program to develop the health work force capacities and optimize quality of HIV services.
- Facilitate implementation of quality improvement and quality assurance interventions including use of small tests of change for clinic systems and process strengthening.
- Lead advocacy to the SMOH and other relevant government ministries departments and agencies to ensure availability and deployment of adequate numbers of human resource for health, improved domestic funding for the HIV program and overall sustainability.
- Oversee the provision of technical assistance to health care facilities supported by the organization.
- Such assistance includes training of staff, patient database EMR management, facilitation and improvement of community linkages. enhancing laboratory support for patient flow analysis, development or improvement of referral systems, procurement and supplies, improvement of pharmaceutical services.
- Develops overarching departmental goals. objectives and budget and obtains necessary approvals; cascades goals, objectives, and budget, where applicable to direct reports.
- Support the inclusive integration of pediatrics/adolescent, PMTCT and OVC across service delivery entities for desired clinical outcome.
- Support leveraging of OVC resources to reach Pediatrics, adolescents and pregnant women with comprehensive, impactful and acceptable services.
- Oversees and ensures that development and implementation of the state programmatic work plans are in alignment with national direction and funders guidance.
- Leads team in identifying new or enhanced opportunities to streamline and increase overall effectiveness and efficiencies of various program areas. practices and/or other resources.
- Ensures that all required periodic state project narrative and financial reports are prepared and submitted to the central office in a timely manner for review, collation and harmonization
- Provides management support in organizing major program / project events (trainings. workshops. seminars. etc.) and coordinate with the management support unit on all financial and administrative actions related to all thematic program activities.
- Develops training plans to further build the skills of program / project staff in technical, managerial, programmatic competencies.
- Ensures a balance of complementary and diverse skills / knowledge and experience to optimize the team’s ability to meet or exceed goals & objectives.
- Develops and retains talent and aligns appropriate skills, abilities, knowledge and experience to the requirements of different roles with a strong succession plan for all key positions within the state.
- Acts rapidly, appropriately, decisively and consistently in cases of observed or reported potential policy violations in project implementation as stipulated by organizational policies and procedures.
- Plays a leadership role in defining and implementing performance metrics. i.e. key performance indicators for compliance, project effectiveness, as well as efficient and effective vendor contracting.
- Oversees direct reports and their work to ensure appropriate, thorough implementation plans are completed and implementation activities are undertaken (includes communication. training & development, systems upgrade or modifications, new or enhanced reporting tools and mechanisms, job aides, updates to existing project guidelines. etc.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Development or other Social Sciences and five years management experience of running country programs.
- 8 years’ experience of managing public health programs and a working knowledge of the program priorities; substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants (e.g. USAID. CDC/PEPFAR and other donor grants);
- Ability to analyze information. evaluate options and to think and plan strategically;
- In depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to reproductive health and HIV/AIDS;
- Proven track record/abilities to manage large-scale. cross-functional business process improvement strategies. plans. activities and teams.
- Expert knowledge of best-practice project management and change management methodologies. tools and techniques.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. as evidenced through previous work experience and results achieved; capable of effective and efficient development. management and tracking of large-scale projects.
- Superior partnering skills. exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with internal & external partners/stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership skills; can manage larger-scale teams. develop individual skills and abilities, while driving teams to meet or exceed targets & goals.
- Demonstrates leadership among peers and subordinates by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance. behavior and conduct.
- Exhibits a positive and professional demeanor in and outside of the workplace that exemplifies and furthers the mission, vision and values of the organization; and does not compromise ethics or integrity or undertake legal risks while pursuing program goals.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively with program staff and stakeholders across organizational boundaries;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
- Exhibits a positive and professional demeanor in and outside of the workplace that exemplifies and furthers the mission, vision and values of the program.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME; e.g. Associate Director, State Program Operations ADSPO-GMB001 – Gombe, CLEMENTINA OGBEH.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as application sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received
- Females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Job Category||Director / Associate Partner Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria|