IWe are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Billing Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The Billing Officer will be responsible for collecting and receiving cash from patients and clients of the hospital. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing invoices, updating patient, client billing records and preparing bill estimates.
- The activities of the Billing Officer includes; maintaining billing records, inputting billing data in the hospitals software system, uploading allocating and filing receipts, balancing billing records on a daily and monthly basis, and book keeping.
- The incumbent is also responsible for tracking money owed to us by patients and clients of the hospital.
- Determines patient invoice by capturing services noted in patient chart; clarifying services with physicians.
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.) and check for the eligibility of HMO/Corporate patients.
- Responsible for preparing bill estimate.
- Collect all information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, discount rates etc.)
- Provides billing information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing third-party billings, accounts pending, and late charges data and trends.
- Check the data input on final bills to ensure accuracy with CHL’s tariff or the tariff of Corporate/HMOs.
- Resolves billing issues by discussing contract with third-party payer; explaining insurance contract with patient; negotiating settlement.
- Uploads bills and claim forms online.
- Issues invoice by entering service data; calculating charges; mailing invoices.
- Maintains patient and invoice files by entering and adjusting data.
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies.
- Identifies responsible party by examining patient record..
- Issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary.
- Send reminders for payments and contact patients when assigned.
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc
- .Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding bills.
- Report on activity to upper management.Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare, or Related Field.
- 2 years of experience as Billing Officer in a hospital or related field.
- Customerservice experience is a bonus.
- Adheres to laws and confidentiality guidelines.
- Proficient in MS Office especially Excel; working knowledge on ODOO or MediPlus.
- Excellent Math Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Abilityto be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Sound negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ideal candidate would be visionary, an excellent leader, resourceful, a problem solver and deeply committed
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Position applied for as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria, officer|