Job Title: Call for Application: Recruitment Consultant
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Search for Common Ground seeks a professional, motivated, and creative recruitment consultant who will provide the needed recruitment support to Human Resources Unit and hiring managers in preparing the required TOR, complete all initial shortlisting based on the TOR provided by Hiring managers; wherever possible, assists the hiring manager with assessment criteria, interviewing and selecting of new staff (especially for new positions and key line management positions).
Scope of the Assignment
The consultant will work closely with the Human Resources Manager. Their role will be that of an outsourcing agency and provide services as and when required by Search. For the period of the contract, the consultant will be responsible to provide services as outlined in the roles and responsibilities below.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with hiring managers to prepare terms of reference for vacant positions
- Working with HR to ensure arrangements for the advertisement of vacancies, first on Lever and then ensuring it is syndicated to their network and other platforms
- Ensuring shortlists and longlists are done alongside with Hiring Managers. Where in agreement with the HM, conduct initial screening of candidates and draw up shortlists of candidates for hiring manager to interview.
- Organizing interviews, scheduling and communication to hiring manager as well as candidates
- Working with the HR Manager, negotiate and finalize offers with selected candidates, in accordance with Search’s approved structure.
- Prepare employment letters for new successful candidates
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human resources, development studies, law, conflict analysis, social studies or a related field;
- 5 years of relevant practical experience working with a non-profit as a Human Resource professional or recruitment Specialist.
- Experience with INGO is a plus
- The assigned organization shall have key personnel who possess an advanced degree in human resources management or related subject.
- Extensive knowledge of local and international labour laws, acts, regulations and procedures
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the HR consulting field mainly in recruitment and selection, preferably working in/with INGOs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Flexible, creative, detail-oriented and well organized
- Ability to maintain highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism
- Sound judgment. Able to influence senior managers and be seen as a credible source of advice
Other Relevant Requirements
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Prior experience using ATS for managing recruitment. Prior experience using Lever will be an added advantage
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humor
- Excellent sense of confidentiality
- Excellent listening skills and empathy
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
General Terms and Conditions
- During the entire period of the assignment, the Consultant shall make themselves available for providing the Service to Search.
- In providing the Services to Search, the Consultant shall ensure to the best of its/their reasonable endeavors the highest professional standards and exercise all due care, skill, and competence so as to ensure that the Services provided shall be to the full satisfaction of Search and requirement of the Project supported.
- The Consultant shall render the Services in a proper and timely manner.
- The Consultant shall always comply with the relevant internal laws and policies of Search in providing the Service.
- All reports and documents developed during the assignment will be treated as Search’s property. The reports / documents or any part, therefore, cannot be sold, used and reproduced in any manner without prior written approval of Search.
- Additional terms and conditions shall be mentioned in the consultancy agreement.
Proposal Submission Guideline
Submission deadline for the proposal 30th September, 2022
Interested candidates should submit their proposal on or before the deadline stated above.
The proposal should demonstrate sound knowledge, technical skills and capability as required by the nature of the work of the assignment and understanding of the requisite tasks set forth in the scope of work.
Eligible Consultants should submit technical and financial proposals. The financial proposal should quote consultancy fee and any other Admin related costs. Proposals should also include
Statement of relevant experience i.e. similar assignments executed in/under execution in the last five years;
1. Measurable goals, objectives and methodology
2. Indication of availability to carry out the consultancy during the period October to December 2022.
For companies/agencies, other supporting documents should include;
1. Copy of Registration certificate
2. CV of designated personnel
3. Tax clearance certificate and TIN
4. At least 2 positive references from previous clients on similar projects.
Note: All documents for submission should be merged into one document and submitted via the application portal or through [email protected]
The consultant is expected to utilize his/her own resources (e.g. computer, paper, Internet connectivity service, etc.) during the period of the consultancy. Search will only provide work space in the Office, subject to availability.
Search reserves the right to accept & reject any proposal without giving any verbal and/or written rationale, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
|Job Category||Human Resources / HR (Recruitment) Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria|