The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Camp Management Programme and Rapid Response Development Manager
Job Identification: 6188
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: 12 months
Job Schedule: Full time
Grade: 9 in NRC’s grade structure
Job Category: Camp Management
Commencement: As soon as possible
- NRC has been present in Nigeria since 2015 and has been working to help displacement affected communities meet their basic needs, improve their livelihoods, access essential services, and enhance their resilience to future shocks through our six core competencies: water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Shelter, Education, Information-Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS), Camp Management, and Protection.
- NRC provides immediate assistance during the onset of emergencies through the rapid response mechanism (RRM). With a workforce of 370 staff and presence in key locations such as Maiduguri (in Borno State), Yola (in Adamawa state) and JOS (in Plateau state), NRC is able to respond to the needs of those affected by the conflict across North-East, and North Central Nigeria.
- These strategic locations have allowed NRC greater reach from the north and south parts of the North-East and North Central region, and allowed NRC to contribute to bridging the gap between humanitarian aid and development cooperation, including through focusing on equitable access to basic services and strengthening the rights of displaced people and returnees.
- In addition to the Country Office, and the above mentioned Area Offices, NRC has sub-offices structures in Dikwa, Monguno, Biu, Mubi, Pulka and Gwoza. NRC Nigeria is looking for a passionate Camp Coordination Manager for her Maiduguri Area Office.
Role and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Line manage project staff and ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and CC strategies and coordinate across CCs
- Develop CC projects and coordinate and manage CCCM/RRM project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Provide technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the Head of Programmes
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
Requirements and Competencies
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at a senior level project implementation in a humanitarian or recovery context
- Previous technical CCCM and RRM expertise
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results.
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2022 at 12:59am.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
- At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria, Project /Programme Management / Project Management / Change Management Jobs in Nigeria|