The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Carpenter
Reference ID: STS2022-008
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Duration: 6 months renewable
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Carefully study blueprints, sketches and other activities on carpentry works.
- Cut, shape, and smooth the needed wooden materials.
- Repair doors and window frames, partitions, and rafters.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance, carve and assemble kitchen cabinets, siding, and drywall.
- Ensure wooden materials are levelled and compatible.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning or related field with a minimum of three (3) years experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good carpentry, customer service and communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.