Community Health, Justice and Peace Initiative for Development (JDPH) is a faith based organization working in the Catholic province of Jos, which is comprised of Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Plateau, Taraba and Yobe states of Nigeria. The programme has a mandate of capacity building to promote integral human development and providing services to the JDPCs and all people irrespective of their religion, race or gender in the states mentioned.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Based Transfer Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and supervise the monitoring of monthly redemption and cash out activities: conduct market price monitoring, conduct vendors’ price monitoring, shop monitoring, ensure that beneficiaries receive their full entitlement and they are treated with dignity and not taken advantage of.
- Ensures high quality cash transfer programming in line with generally accepted standards, supports the operation and implementation of cash transfer programming.
- Represent JDPH in the field with community leaders, local authorities, other humanitarian actors.
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings, and training before the redemption and cash out activities;
- Sensitize the beneficiaries so that they are aware of project objectives, project modalities, entitlements, right to complain, complaint modalities and redemption/cash-out days.
- Conduct monthly meetings with the vendors/agents to ensure that their activities are fully in compliance with WFP regulations, represent beneficiaries’ interests in such meetings.
- Timely report any irregularities to the Project Coordinator.
- Conduct regular visits to the communities where beneficiaries reside in order to collect feedback, follow up on their food security status.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity reports to the Project Coordinator.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply JDPH’s Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Facilitate community mobilization, meetings and training during community led Cash activities;
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on the implementation of conditional and unconditional cash transfers planned activities
- Support in the implementation of capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the LGA and community levels.
- Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools that the department uses
- Participate in the registration and distribution of beneficiary ID cards and / vouchers,
- Support the preparation of documentation required for the implementation of field activities
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilization strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries
- Facilitate the good working relationship between government workers and target beneficiaries.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc or HND in Political Science, Finance, Business or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in related field.
- Good knowledge of protection principle in humanitarian settings, of vulnerability criteria and of the context in northern Nigeria.
- Previous experience in carrying out cash assistance.
- Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge:
- Honesty and strong commitment.
- Accuracy in record checking.
- IT skills including MS Office & Accounting applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiaries at all times;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player;
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible with working hours and able to handle pressure well.
- Good communicator in English, both written and oral. Good command of the Hausa language.
- Contract length: 5 Months with the possibility of extension
- Start date: As soon as possible.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria|