Loveworld Medical Centre
Loveworld Medical Centre is a world class modern multi-specialty (80 beds) Hospital situated in the heart of Lagos mainland business district. We are looking to engage and employ highly motivated healthcare professionals in various specializations, to join a team of professionals to provide the highest standards of care to patients.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Chief Accountant Officer serves as the principal executive accountable for the financial strategy development and execution and is responsible for ensuring the integration of both operational and financial measures aimed at efficiency, growth and profitability of the business.
- The Chief Accountant Officer is charged with day to day finance and accounting transactions and ensures effective treasury management, whilst ensuring that liquidity positions are maintained. He/she is responsible for budgeting and financial performance monitoring and reporting company-wide.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Chief Accountant Officer,, your responsibility will include:
- Develop and articulate a comprehensive financial and risk management strategy for the business.
- Liaise with financial services organization as may be required to ensure the business remains adequately funded in terms debt, equity and working capital requirements.
- Lead the formulation and execution of corporate level investment and financial management for enhancing business growth and operating efficiency
- Define financial targets
- Establish and maintains an effective financial management framework covering treasury, tax planning, financial control and management information system, processes and, which support business objectives and enables the effortless production of relevant periodic reports
- Develop and implement effective finance and accounting systems, processes, procedures and policies which provide effective controls in the deployment and utilization of capital and assets.
- Manage the budgetary process to ensure all budgets adequately reflect periodic resource requirements and revenue estimates for the business; coordinates the periodic financial performance monitoring and reporting of the company.
- Approves all finance and accounting transactions and ensures processes and or procedures are effectively complied with; including regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Ensure the provision of timely, comprehensive and accurate management accounts that enable decision making process.
- Effectively manage company taxes and other statutory returns to regulatory authorities
- Effectively manage the company’s asset, debt, cost and profitability position.
- Report known contraventions of statutory regulation to the CEO
Qualifications, Experience and Skill Requirements
Education and Work Experience Requirement:
- A minimum of First Degree (HND / B Sc) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Economics
- MUST be a chartered accountant
- Must have 8-10 years’ work experience.
- The last 5 years must be in executive management role within a structured business environment.
- The ideal candidate would be visionary, an excellent leader, resourceful, a problem solver and deeply committed.
Knowledge and experience area:
- Clear understanding of Financial Planning
- Budgeting (Revenue, Direct Cost, Capex and Opex)
Financial Reporting Systems
- IFRS Compliant
- Industry Knowledge
- Trade or Core Business knowledge
- Reporting Requirements
- Software Applications (Sage, Navision etc)
Financial Controls & Compliance:
- Budgetary Controls
- Internal Controls
- Quality Controls
- Process Compliance
Financial Recording and Documentation:
- Requisition procedures
- Authorization procedures
- Approval procedures
- Availment Procedures
- Recording (Vouchers, Forms) of Transactions
- Referencing, Filing and Archiving of documents
- Storage of documents
- Auditing (working with the auditors)
- Tax Planning, Implementation and Audit (starting from Jan all through, handling LIRS, FIRS on VAT and WHT matters)
- Leadership skills
- Good Communication Skills (Written and Verbal).
- Microsoft office skills (excel).
- Ability to train and impart knowledge
- Planning and organizing.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to manage people effectively.
- Excellent work ethics
- Strategic planning and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver.
- High level of initiative and a good team player.
- Attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: [email protected] using the Position applied for as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria|