About The Company
Black Pen’s ethos is to consistently deliver honest, informed immigration and recruitment solutions through effective communication and comprehensively understanding our client’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Job type: Remote, Full-Time
Industry: FinTech / Cryptocurrency
- Are you an experienced CFO with insight into the world of Fintech? Someone who understands crypto and the blockchain space.
- Our client, an American-based company, is expanding globally by being one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa and the Middle East at large. The mission is to make bitcoin/blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before. This dynamic company is looking to hire a CFO.
- As CFO, You should be experienced in creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. You will work closely with the CEO and COO to ensure the vision and mission of our client is met.
- Our client’s vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming and highly innovative environment for all. Whilst driving business through technology.
- Regularly assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy for growth
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO/Investors and make actionable recommendations on strategy
- Assist in establishing yearly corporate objectives
- Lead long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s strategic plan
- Development of short-term and long-term strategies for managing liquidity, with future funding rounds, debt facilities, new country launches and foreign exchange moves, among others, as key inputs
- Lead capital markets strategy
- Optimization of company capital structure
- Build and lead a team of accounting/finance/capital markets professionals
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, outside executives, auditors, etc.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by country (vs. budget)
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical)
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new country expansion, new product launches)
- Build and maintain capital budget
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports
- Prepare ad hoc analysis needed for the CEO, Board and Investors
- Ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures across all countries
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial documents.
- Handle audit process and proper filing of tax returns for all countries
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Lead preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial documents
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation/transfer pricing
- Improve and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- +7 years of proven work experience as a CFO, Director of Finance or similar role, ideally in the FinTech industry
- B.Sc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field received in the United States of America
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
- Study experience and/or work experience in both the United States and Africa
- Start up experience a must
- Experience sourcing funding for startups a must
- Experience with multi-currency accounting, ideally in emerging markets
- Familiarity with foreign exchange risks and mitigants
- Experience working in fast-growing, dynamic environments and can easily adapt to change and re-prioritize
- International financial experience required (especially Africa and USA)
- Strong understanding of US tax laws
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online