One Acre is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Staff / Director, Office of the CEO
Location: The CEO is based in Kigali, Rwanda but is open to having a remote management relationship with this role (e.g., other East African location is possible)
Preferred Start Date: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We areadapting rapidly to Covid-19and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date
About One Acre: One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
- We are looking for professionals with 5 to 10+ years of work experience in consulting, or entrepreneurial roles.
- A lack of experience in a Chief of Staff role specifically certainly does not preclude someone from consideration. Your CV should reflect you are taking on progressively larger responsibilities in management, e.g. as an engagement manager or project leader.
- This is a career-track role, with a two-year minimum. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Substantial experience working with practical change management in an organization; stakeholder communication, and EQ instincts
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeves and directly move projects forward along a critical path towards a concrete outcome, as opposed to solely making recommendations or presentations. This role sets some “strategy,” but is primarily concerned with its operational execution
- Comfort with ambiguity. We will expect you to take the lead on large projects in a complex organization with little guidance
- Significant, demonstrated experience managing team performance and developing leaders; experience in remote management a plus
- A logical thinker and comfortable with analysis. We are looking for someone who is a structured thinker and can use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations
- Strong executive-level verbal communication skills — the ability to quickly identify what matters and communicate that clearly and concisely to C-suite
- Exceptional written communicator. We are looking for clear communicators who have the ability to engage a range of audiences, including internal staff, external partners, and organizational leadership
- Formal Education: Not a factor
- Language: English.
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Application Closing Date
1st March, 2023.
|Job Category||Chief of Staff Jobs in Nigeria|