Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organisation, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organisation with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative – and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organisational expansion:
Job Title: Commercial Director, SFH – Social Enterprise
Job ID: sfh-68932
Category: Sales and Distribution
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Commercial Director (CD) is a member of the SFH – Social Enterprise management team.
- At a strategic level and in collaboration with the Sales Director and other members of the senior management team, the CD will implement SFH’s Social Enterprise strategic plan, as well as develop and implement new initiatives that reflect the organization’s mission.
- The CD will oversee a significant portfolio of products (cutting across the FMCG and Pharma Industry) and health services, including evaluating the effectiveness of marketing and sales efforts for ongoing feedback to Sales Director, facilities, and wider enterprise leadership; will support funding diversification including through effective resource stewardship, cross learning and continuous human centred engagement with beneficiaries of all SFH products and services.
- The post holder will raise the organisational/products brands and brand presentations profile through brand development, consumer engagement and technical issue leadership, with donors, regulators, and government.
- S/he will support the mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to all staff in marketing, surplus/deficit management and portfolio development.
- The successful candidate will enhance the brand leadership in the organisation across all relevant products and service areas.
- The Commercial Director will oversee a product and service delivery portfolio that cuts across Reproductive, Maternal, Child, Adolescent, and the Elderly health (RMNCAEH); Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis; Nutrition; and Non-Communicable diseases including Neglected Tropical Diseases.
- S/he will also be responsible for multiple international scope social enterprise including e-Commerce and technology driven platforms.
- This is a very senior role and a wonderful opportunity for anyone looking to make a personal difference in West Africa’s health sector.
- We are looking for a blue-sky thinker, a self-managing entrepreneur and leader who loves challenges as our next Commercial Director.
- This is an outstanding chance to lead the commercial team and formulate strategies and implement adaptive planning in an internationally renowned social business enterprise and to influence the health sector business beyond the sphere of your functional responsibilities with the main goal to support and accelerate growth.
- The post holder will lead, coach, and inspire our business enterprise team to grow our social impact interventions and contribute to our ambitious strategy of a new programming stream in the health industry.
Marketing Leadership & organisational wide Strategic Planning:
- In coordination with other members of the leadership team, play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organisation across multiple sites and departments.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Lead all aspects of the organisation’s marketing effort, including corporate as well as products and service brand development, portfolio development and consumer’s engagement.
- Lead the development of new product as may be required, refresh existing products depending on product lifecycle and optimise wider portfolio performance
- Monitor emerging trends, opportunities, risks, as related to the portfolio and collaborate with the leadership team to develop strategic interventions to optimise the portfolio and drive growth
- To maintain a collaborative relationship with the customer, through a solution led approach and carry out the communications on customer score card / delivery performance.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively towards marketing strategic plan priorities and goals, working with direct reports to balance workload and effort; provide and attain regular feedback to/from direct reports and to the MD.
- Serve as one of SFH’s Enterprise senior liaison to government, donors and other stakeholders as it relates to marketing and organisation brand management.
Inspire, Lead, and Manage People in a culture of shared leadership and accountability:
- Directly supervise the marketing team, and lead fostering the implementation of high-quality impactful marketing activities and programmes for beneficiaries.
- Provide strategic assistance and guidance on troubleshooting and solving marketing and staff performance challenges. Mentor staff on quality marketing and portfolio management techniques.
- Create and support a high performing culture in the Enterprise team aligned with SFH core values, while developing a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward vision and goal, by clearly communicating marketing and surplus/deficit vision.
- Coordinate with the Sales Director to identify and create leadership and professional development opportunities for SFH staff, drawn from the performance management system and implementing yearly staff development plans and mentoring.
- To establish annual staff goals and objectives and track results against these goals as well as accountability protocols.
- To facilitate cross-functional team collaborations as well as to support executive leadership within the business in developing business strategies, inclusive of long-term goals and objectives, key risk management, and driving business and project initiatives.
- Create a positive, engaging, and supportive culture, maintaining a safe environment that is inclusive. One that is open, honest, with good communication.
Lead a standard of commercial excellence across the Enterprise through marketing excellence, sales execution, quality fiscal stewardship and oversight:
- Develop and deploy a Commercial strategy that clearly articulates and defines SFH’s Enterprise Surplus/Deficit (profit and Loss) objectives and ensure all staff understands and are trained to utilise the framework.
- Lead on and control the in-month sales forecast processes to ensure revenue targets are met in line with business and customer needs.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing of pricing structure and processes.
- Performs thorough evaluations of business opportunities through analysis of potential business, inclusive of competitive analysis, financial analysis, market analysis, performance analysis, technology platforms, and strategic fit.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
- Support fundraising and new business development efforts through the promotion and execution of SFH’s Enterprise fundraising events, proposal writing and partnering with the leadership to steward funding relationships.
- Coordinate with the Innovation office on developing new products and service ideas and pilot projects, including integrating successful pilots into the Enterprise Portfolio.
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s Degree required in Marketing, Business Administration, Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical sciences, Medicine, Public Health, Public Policy, Development, or a related field is strongly desired
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience in a senior, strategic leadership position in a mission-driven environment; including 10+ years of supervisory experience with senior-level staff and their teams.
- At least 10 years of this experience should be as a Marketing Director or leader in one or more of FMCG/Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry.
Skills and Competencies required:
- An entrepreneurial thinker with a commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset who develops and drives new thinking which is both creative and realistic.
- Proven experience as commercial director or other relevant senior leadership role and or in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis; and of performance reporting; and of financial/budgeting processes. Ability to translate data to actionable plans a must for the role.
- Outstanding leader and strategic thinker – emotionally intelligent and able to inspire teams with validated ability to translate big ideas into workable pieces, to mentor and influence colleagues to implement and deliver high impact result.
- Comprehensive leadership level knowledge of products and service marketing, brand development and management; and customer service management.
- Strong experience in proposition and pricing development, customer retention and loyalty, investment, and capital/revenue management.
- Exceptional people skills – able to connect, build and develop relationships and enjoys working collaboratively
- Passion for SFH’s mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this passion to others.
- Strong organisational and leadership skills including excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent SFH externally across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems thinking and act strategically, with an ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, outcomes-driven, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
|Job Category||Commercial/Key Account Management/Planning & Performance/Seller Management/Seller Engagement|