Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication, Events and Organizational Management Advisor
Vacancy No.: 045B
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, Market Oriented Value Chains for Job and Growth in ECOWAS (MOVE)
About Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit: The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, political Sciences, Public Information, International Relations, Management or a related field. A Master’s Degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience with national and international organizations in the field of communication (media and PR work, journalism, internal communication or lobbying or similar).
- Demonstrated experience in event management including setting up and running conferences, public-private stakeholder events and trade shows (this may include the knowledge of organizing and hosting virtual meetings on diverse platforms)
- Proven track record in developing communication strategies, content, websites, and marketing.
- Strong communications background and proficiency in communications tools and software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office tools, working knowledge of Adobe tools, database management tools and information dissemination platforms.
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Demonstrated knowledge about international cooperation and the donor landscape in Nigeria
- Ability to express well both verbally and in writing; polished, target-group oriented style
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of the English; other regional languages spoken in Nigeria is an asset
- Graphic design skills are an added asset.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using “Vacancy no. 106” as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2022.