Code for Africa is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Coordinator
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
About Code for Africa : Code for Africa is the continent’s largest federation of independent civic technology and data journalism laboratories, which build digital democracy solutions giving citizens unfettered access to actionable information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthen civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in community organising or a related field, working directly with groups and individuals.
- Excellent project management skills, including handling multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Experience delivering on contractual project requirements and producing regular reports for monitoring purposes.
- Experience organising and coordinating local and international events and community outreach (including offline, online, and hybrid events).
- Comfortable with facilitating and delivering training, skills coaching and mentoring.
- Significant experience in stakeholder engagement, with a proven ability to build relationships and engage with diverse audiences, including academics, journalists, storytellers, data analysts, researchers, technologists, and editors.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, written and verbal, for large and small groups, in-person and via phone and email.
- Experience designing and implementing community-informed research strategies, including writing and designing surveys and questionnaires to solicit feedback on various topics.
- Familiarity with growth and impact metrics, as well as web analytics
- Ability to work creatively and accurately under pressure, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently.
- Proficiency in the English language (spoken and written).
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2023.