Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Director
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract, and parallel Global Fund contract, is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM and Global Fund provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders and the Global Fund contracts are implemented in Nigeria.
Job Description / Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Compliance Director to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) and Global Fund contracts in Nigeria.
- The Compliance Director will keep a close eye on the Project’s financials and contractual obligations to ensure efficient financial practices and help come up with solutions that make the system more effective.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Nigeria Country Operations perform internal reviews of the Projects’ Procurement and financial records to ensure compliance with established guidelines and principles of auditing by understanding and documenting business processes, interpret policies and procedures, practices, and regulatory obligations and evaluate key risks controls
- Lead the design and execution of operational reviews to ensure adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control environment in compliance with the Organization’s policies and procedures, and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Lead planned reviews for the project, including organizing teams, inspecting accounts, checking compliance with applicable laws, detecting ineffective or inefficient practices, and verifying financial records.
- Support external audits/reviews completed by external third parties, clients’, and/or the government
- Organize and present meaningfully detailed reports to communicate the results of review findings to the Project’s Executive Management Team
- Develop preliminary findings and realistic recommendations to improve/enhance the internal control environment work with the Project’s Executive Management Team to develop acceptable solutions to address identified gaps
- Assess complex activities to identify potential operational, financial, or compliance risks or potential fraud which warrant specific attention
- Provide oversight to ensure compliance with the Project’s deliverables across the Technical, Program Operations and Operations and Compliance Workstreams
- Review of transactions and supporting documentations to ensure all transactions by the Project are aligned with the client’s expectations and organizations’ policies
- Provide oversight to the reviews of 3PL invoice processing for compliance as it relates to the Procurement, W&D Analytics, Laboratory Program and Finance Teams
- Review contractual deliverables for PMI activities such as LLIN campaigns, participant’s payments, review of obligations, requisitions, and available funding etc.
- Communicate with other departments to verify records and confirm adherence with the organization’s policies
- Review past data, stay informed about new developments, and be prepared to integrate changing books into a current policy
- Carry out oversight functions on all Situation Room activities and support 3PL Invoice Backlog issues
- Ensure project compliance with all USAID and Global Fund policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the project, track adherence and application of organizational and project policies and procedures in activities implementation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting required
- Minimum of 10 years of compliance/audit-related work experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively lead meetings and conduct presentations
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others, identify root causes, and drive results
- The Compliance Director will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Nigeria Country Operations.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please apply by completing the form and submitting a CV
- No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
|Job Category||Compliance Jobs in Nigeria, Director / Associate Partner Jobs in Nigeria|