Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development.
Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact. Pact’s integrated approach enables sustainable livelihoods, improved access to energy, natural resources management, and improved health outcomes by fostering good governance, strengthening local capacity, and engaging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (Equipment Finance Management Service Provider)
Locations: Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa & Rivers
Job type: Contract
Duration of Assignment: July 2022 – June 2023
Project: Shell-Pact Productive Use and Demand Stimulation (PUDS) Project
- Pact will strengthen rural economic development and improve the commercial viability of mini-grids in Nigeria by supporting micro-enterprises transition from diesel generators to electric motors, and by supporting residents start new productive use enterprises across at least five villages, from March 2022 to February 2023.
Main objectives of the project:
- Improve knowledge of productive use opportunities, including the economics of transitioning from diesel generators to electric motors;
- Improve business skills and financial literacy leading to increased capability of assessing the potential for productive use equipment;
- Address supply chain and product quality challenges, and
- To increase access to financing options for purchasing productive equipment.
- We envision that with the project support, local economic activity, incomes, and demand for energy will increase, which will positively impact other socio-economic indicators in the target villages, while increasing both the number of customers served by mini-grids as well as average revenue per user.
- Pact is working with mini-grid developers, and have integrated village enterprises and producing households as beneficiaries, conducted needs assessment, and established a baseline understanding of skills, to tailor appropriately trainings and other technical support.
The objectives of the consultancy engagement include:
- Source and purchase productive use equipment and supply to selected beneficiaries in target rural communities in Nigeria.
- Manage a circle of equipment loan funds with village enterprises and report repayments to Pact
- Provide linkages between village enterprises and equipment suppliers as well as equipment maintenance contacts.
- The consultant or firm will report to the PUDS program manager.
- Additional support and guidance will come from Pact’s Finance and Operations Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will perform the following functions within the contracted period:
Source, purchase and supply productive use equipment for selected rural enterprises:
- The consultancy film will receive equipment loan application forms and business proposals from Village Electrification Committees (VECs) established in the communities, and use this to source most appropriate productive use equipment that meets the demands of the enterprises.
- All application forms and proposals must be reviewed and approved by Pact, and the data sheet of every equipment must be confirmed by Pact implementing partners before purchase and supply of equipment.
- Pact will provide the funds for the purchase of the equipment and the consultant or film will supply the equipment and handover to the VECs in the communities.
Manage a circle of equipment loans with VECs and selected beneficiary enterprises in the communities:
- The consultant or film will manage the distribution of the loan equipment to the VECs in the communities, who will provide the equipment to beneficiary enterprises.
- The film will facilitate and manage the collection of the repayment funds from the enterprises through the VECs and report to Pact.
Facilitate linkages between Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers with rural enterprises:
- The consultant or consultancy firm will facilitate linkages between productive use equipment manufacturers and suppliers, with rural beneficiaries in the communities who are interested in purchasing new equipment, or establishing contacts for maintenance and repair purposes.
- Report and loan repayment funds submission: the consultancy film will develop a detailed report of the project, outlining the equipment loan applications received, equipment supplied, relationship management with VEC, repayment funds received and linkages facilitated between manufacturers/suppliers and village enterprises.
- The consultancy film will also return all loan repayment funds received to Pact.
- Equipment loan applications forms, and proposals collected from rural enterprises through the VECs.
- Data sheet of equipment before purchases are made
- Proof of purchased equipment (including receipts)
- Proof of hand-over and submission of equipment to VECs for distribution
- Collected loan repayment funds from beneficiary enterprises through the VECs
- List of linked OEMs/suppliers with rural enterprises (including contact details)
- Detailed report of the project – narrative and financial report.
Estimated Level of Effort:
- We anticipate the level of effort to be equal to or less than 12 Months.
- This is an estimated figure and details will be discussed at contracting stage.
Skills, Experiences and Qualifications
- Consultancy film representatives should possess Master’s degree or other relevant qualification in supply chain management, accounting, economics or other relevant fields of study
- At least 5 years’ experience operating the above mentioned business in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain management, procurement and/or accounting.
- Demonstrated experience working with rural leadership structures in Nigeria.
- Strong English communication skills.
- Willingness to consult with and accept feedback from project team members.
- Willingness to travel to remote and resource constraints rural communities in South-South Nigeria
- Current presence in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified consultants and consultancy firms should submit their CV, copies of relevant registrations and certifications and Proposals describing their interests in PDF or JPEG format to: [email protected] using “PUDS Equipment Finance Management Service Provider” as the subject of the email.
- Individual consultants with relevant expertise are welcome to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
|Job Category||Consultancy Jobs in Nigeria|