We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Drafting Executive
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Career Level: Mid-Senior level
Purpose of the Job
- To review and effectively implement the company’s entry into commercial contracts by reviewing, drafting, and advising on contracts related points of law, managing diverse tasks involving legal matters to support the department.
Ensure all corporate commercial transactions agreements are drafted and processed within the Quality, Standard and Time agreed with the respective business units of the Company:
- Familiarize self with provisions of the Company’s Delegation of Authority (DOA) and relevant policies on Contract execution and approval/documentation
- Check and ensures that instructions to prepare contracts are well documented by User Groups and approved in line with the provisions of Company DOA.
- Ensure that the set timelines and standards are adhered to.
- Source proper form of documentation for each type of transaction.
- Ensure that drafted document covers all issues and adequately protects the Company’s interests.
Supporting the Department in respect of Company’s corporate & commercial matters including Intellectual Property matters:
- Obtain proper instructions for registration of intellectual property from the relevant User Group
- Immediately take steps to register all trademarks requiring registration
- Follow up with the Regulatory bodies to ensure that all queries raised in the registration process are addressed and cleared.
- Flag any breach of the Company’s Intellectual Property rights and take steps to reprimand perpetrators in accordance with the legal provisions.
Liaise with external counsel:
- Ensure that proper instructions are obtained from the internal User Group that requires the external legal services
- Spell out the company’s objective for each brief to the external advisors and agree delivery timelines and costs which must be within budget
- Monitor delivery and ensure that expected standards are met
- Review the advice provided by external counsel to ensure that solutions are provided or collaborate with external advisor until a solution is proffered
- Escalate matters to manager on a regular basis as required
- Assist in Ensuring adequate preparation for Board and Board Committee Meetings and Circulation of Board and Board Committee Papers in accordance with agreed targets.
- Maintain proper and up-to-date corporate records, registers, and other documentation of the Business, Directors, and Shareholders.
- Attend to queries from Directors and Shareholders, and requests for corporate documentation/information from other departments and the Group.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB);
- Master of Law (LLM) degree is an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience in handling contractual /commercial-related legal matters.
- Up-to-date knowledge of commercial law, including, but not limited to: Legal drafting, general contract law, corporate and commercial law, telecommunications industry structure and business models and employment law and practice.
- Intellectual Property law
- Application Knowledge.
- Data Analysis.
- Financial Modelling.
- Finance Business Partnering.
- Research & Data Gathering.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|