First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate & SBU Strategy Lead (Associate)
Job Identification: 628
- Lead the development and communication of the strategy for the (Commercial) Banking Group. This includes, but is not limited to, developing an overall corporate strategy and assisting in cascading it down for every (Bank) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Strategic Resource Function (SRF); and subsidiary.
- Play a leadership role in developing and communicating the Business Unit’s strategies for all the Bank’s SBUs i.e. Retail Banking (Lagos, South and North), Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, Public Sector Banking and Treasury & Financial Institution; ensuring that SBU heads understand the details of the overall strategic plan and how their work connects to corporate goals.
- Lead the implementation of the strategy of the Bank, focus towards maximizing market share, shareholders’ wealth and increasing profit by translating strategic objectives into practical plans and goals.
- Provide analytical framework to define and implement corporate strategy at the Group and Bank level, develop strategy maps that incorporates financial, customer, internal processing and employee capability objectives
- Facilitate SBU Strategy Review sessions, take ownership of decision making that delivers SBU performance, test whether the decisions being made in each SBU are aligned with the strategy and are creating the desired results and decide on basis of outcome analyses, whether to stay on track or to change direction
- Initiate and drive SBU monthly management performance review sessions, reinforcing alignment between long term strategy and short-term goals to deliver increased efficiency and competitive advantage across targeted markets at SBU level
- Take ownership of decision making that sustains organizational change, test whether the decisions being made across the organization are aligned with the strategy and are creating the desired results and decide on basis of outcome analyses, whether to stay on track or to change direction
- Design and develop Company-wide, scalable partnership programs, reinforcing the value map and strengthening linkages to ensure increased efficiency and competitive advantage across targeted markets
- Provide Executive Management with global and regional business scenarios and ad-hoc analyses as required; identify new business growth opportunities or potential operational risks.
- Provide analytical and value-added insights to Executive Management on market and business trends, consumer innovation and patterns, financial structure, macroeconomic factors and demographic potentials
- Direct, synthesize and execute insights gained from market analysis, internal capability assessments, competitor intelligence, customer research, product assessment, and financial analysis and modelling.
- Present new ideas for growth for the Commercial Banking Group and SBUs through understanding competitive actions and market trends in the industry locally and internationally with strategic intent of influencing and directing management thought
- Lead the coordination and planning of the annual Board Strategy Retreat event including, making presentations on industry insights to assist the Board in its decision-making function; coordinating presentations of each member of the Management Committee (and relevant SRFs) to ensure appropriate message is delivered to the Board; working with global speaker agencies to book event speakers
- Take ownership of self-development and responsibility for implementing team’s Learning and Development Plans.
- First Degree in Economics or related discipline.
- Postgraduate Degree or other professional qualification may be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
10th August, 2022 at 03:10 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Banking / Financial Services Jobs in Nigeria|