Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Entry Operator
Location: Jega, Kebbi
Contract Period: Definite (5 Months Extendable)
Slots: 4 Openings
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out all activities related to entry of medical data into the mission database, according to MSF protocols and maintaining confidentiality, in order to have reliable and up to date information.
- Enter medical data (e.g. patient data, dates of visit, content of prescription, viral load, etc.) in mission’s database on a regular basis and according to MSF protocols.
- Participate in compilation of data both from MSF structures and from collaborating health facilities.
- Participate in the search for missing data.
- Update files of existing patients and make any corrections needed.
- Make regular back-ups of all data processed.
- Look after all equipment provided and keep recording area clean and tidy, giving special importance to all patient files.
- Report any issue concerning data management to superior
- Elaborate statistical reports when required by the medical team.
- Ensure, promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all information registered.
Context Specific Accountabilities
- Daily entry of patient data from ATFC, ITFC and ICCM registers into excel databases, this needs to be done promptly to minimize backlog in data.
- Daily collection of patient data/registers from all ATFC, ITFC and ICCM locations.
- Collaboration with MDPO regarding data collection, entry, storage and management of ATFC and ITFC registers
- Identify any issues with data collection in the ATFC, ITFC and ICCM locations, and directly address with MDPO (and clinicians, when indicated).
- Ensure data collection is standardized and missing/incomplete data is as limited as possible.
- The list above is not exhaustive, it is a summary, the activities will evolve according to the need
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Secondary Education Essential or B.Sc / HND Essential.
- Knowledge of Statistics and Data Analysis will be preferred.
- None is required or one (1) year experience working as a Data analysis officer is required
- Local language desirable (Hausa/Fulani).
- Mission language essential (English).
- Essential computer literacy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Able to learn and use software used for recording (i.e. Fuchia, EpiInfo, etc.), including excel databases
- Flexibility, Service
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Dual Employment is considered as a gross misconduct, as per MSF Belgium Internal Regulations (IR) and hence not acceptable.
- Applications should be sent through the indicated channel (online application form) containing the right subject, meeting all requirements, otherwise application will not be entertained.
- Interested candidates should submit their application, including cover letter, resume and copy of relevant certificates via the Online Application Link OR QR Code ONLY.
- Subject: “Application for Data Entry Operator”.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next recruitment steps and invited for interview.
- MSF reserves the right to cancel any step or whole of the process at any stage of recruitment.
- Open to all residents of Nigeria.
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
|Job Category||Data Analyst/Data Management/Database Administrator/Data Scientist Jobs in Nigeria|