Cavista is a global technology company creating cloud-based software solutions for clients. With operations around the world, we globalize, standardize and localize our processes, while at the same time remaining sensitive to specific needs in different regions. Our mission is to empower organizations with the world’s best technology solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos (Remote)
Job type: Full-time
- An innovative MySQL Database Administrator to assist in developing and creating cutting-edge solutions for the healthcare industry.
- This is an opportunity to develop and create cutting-edge solutions for our products and services while being part of an extraordinary team.
- This role will ensure that the business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its processes and coaching its people.
- The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes.
What You Will Do
- Participate in daily operations to support the business.
- Optimizing database (SQL calls) for max performance
- Collaborate with management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Collaborate in operational processes and performance, recommend solutions for improvement.
- Working knowledge with AWS database technologies like Aurora, RDS.
- Monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with all technology team members, external partners, and vendors to provide input regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Monitor and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Perform technical troubleshooting to diagnose, isolate and correct data and database issues.
What you bring:
- 8 years of MySQL management experience – Required.
- Experience in MySQL configuring HA and clustering solutions – Required.
- Large scale MySQL deployments – Required.
- MySQL sharding architecture and techniques – Required.
- Ability to work with Linux/Unix based OS Environment.
- MS SQL experience is a plus.
- Software as a service industry experience is a plus.
- Cloud experience is a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal and professional skills.
- Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and anticipate customer needs
- Demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities and manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with SQL and stored routines.
- Experience working with HA Proxy, ProxySQL or MaxScale will be a plus.
Cavista Offers even more:
- Competitive Compensation.
- 5 – day workweek.
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children).
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Training Programs
- Growth and Development
- Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
- Mentoring and Counseling
- Referral Bonus
- Work from Anywhere – Flexibility that allows you to work where you are most comfortable, whether at home, at work, or a combination of both.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Add A Comment