Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Creation Consultant
Employment Type: Full Time
Timeframe: An estimated Fifty (50) days between 11h September 2022 to 11th November 2022
- BA-N is the lead implementing partner for demand creation activities in the Kebbi State (Nigeria) ITN mass distribution campaign.
- To achieve this BA-N is looking for a qualified consultant to provide SBC technical consultancy and lead the demand creation work stream in the campaign.
- The consultancy period will be a maximum of 50 billable days within 11th September 2022 to 11th November 2022 (Please note that the dates are tentative). Travels within the state are also included based on need.
Scope of Work
- The consultant will specifically undertake the following tasks.
- Take the lead in the coordination of the Demand Creation workstream in the designated State and monitor ITN campaign demand creation activities in the State and LGAs.
- Represent BA-N in all NCIT meetings as well as other meetings during the campaign
- Work with the State Health Educator and SMEP ACSM focal person to develop and implement ITN campaign advocacy plan, also support health educators to develop LGA specific advocacy plans and monitor implementation
- Facilitate State level training including production of training materials and documentation of DC work stream personnel trained. Also coordinate LGA and ward level training and proper documentation of personnel trained.
- Work with BA-N media technical lead to coordinate media-related activities including media parley, live phone-in radio and TV discussions and other media activities. Monitor airing of pre, during and post campaign radio jingles.
- Support the State health educator and LGA health educators to distribute messages in all religious places of worship.
- Support identification of influencers and stakeholders for involvement in demand creation activities (e.g. State net ambassador, net advocates and champions).
- Provide weekly updates to BA-N on all demand creation activities during the replacement campaign.
- Support the end process survey training, end of cycle review, and make technical input in the demand creation section as appropriate
- Support State and LGA flag off/ Launch ceremonies from planning to implementation.
- Support BA-N finance and admin unit to ensure proper documentation and payment of demand creation personnel before the campaign is concluded.
- Support the design of post implementation demand creation strategies to improve net use in LGAs with low utilization.
- Document success stories, best practices, lessons learned and submit same to BA-N
- Document the campaign final reports and submit same to BA-N.
- Travel to LGAs when required to monitor activities and proffer recommendations.
- BA-N Deputy Director Malaria, Malaria SPO and ITN campaign media lead will provide technical guidance and support during the consultancy.
- Capacity-building for ACSM core group members
- Complete information on trained personnel i.e. signed training attendance registers, and payment schedules with correct bank details.
- Photos (JPEG formats) and success stories
- Final ITN campaign narrative and technical reports.
- All reports and updates shall be in the English language and shall be submitted to the Deputy Director Malaria/TB, in MS Word and other MS Office-compatible formats.
- The consultant shall submit the deliverables described above as detailed, using the ITN campaign timeline and activity schedule as an additional guide.
- A Degree in Social Sciences, Communication or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in Advocacy Communication & Social Mobilization.
- Proven experience in implementing public health programs or projects in Nigeria.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with demand creation activities in previous SMC and ITN campaigns.
- Fluency in local language is an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to travel to different LGAs of designated State.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
|Job Category||Consultancy Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria|