We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Deputy Representative Operations
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: Nigeria Division/Equivalent: Dakar (WCAR), Senegal
Department/Office: Abuja, Nigeria
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child every day to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, dedication.
As a Strategic Business Partner, the Deputy Representative (Operations) will have overall responsibility of overseeing the operational functioning of the country office, specifically responsible for leading for results, drive change, provide risk-informed, solution-focused analysis, advice, and services and contribute to programme and management decisions for delivering results for children in Nigeria.
In addition, this position serves as a key strategic advisor to their office’s leadership in helping implement UNICEF’s Strategic Plan 2022-2025.
How can you make a difference?
In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a complex humanitarian and development setting to fulfill and protect children’s rights. UNICEF Nigeria is one of the largest UNICEF Country Offices globally. In partnership with the government, civil society, children and families, Click here to learn more about UNICEF in Nigeria: https://www.unicef.org/nigeria/
UNICEF Nigeria is looking for an experienced Deputy Representative (Operations) to become part of a highly motivated and committed team of over 400 staff who work to bring visible changes in the lives of the most disadvantaged children in NIGERIA.
The Deputy Representative’s (Operations) key functions and accountabilities include:
- Champion strategic management of resources to achieve organizational goals and ensure Value for Money (VfM)
- Enhance Risk Management to increase organizational performance and strengthen internal control (Valuing Risk Management)
- Ensure further operational centralization and optimization for maximized efficiency gains (Valuing Systems and Structures)
- Strengthening internal and external-facing partnerships and leveraging UNICEF’s oversight and understanding of financial management across all areas of the office (Valuing Partners)
- Valuing People: Together with People Management, manage and develop people resources to promote technical competence and foster career progression and retention of a “fit for purpose”/ agile workforce.
Please access the full job description in this link…. JD Deputy Representative Operations Level 5.docx
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s and above) in one of the following areas is required: Business management; Financial management; Accounting; Public Finance; and related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, etc.) or a full professional accounting designation (CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CPFA, Expert Comptable) from an internationally recognized institute/body of accountancy with valid membership in good standing is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience at the national and international level is required, specifically in advocating and implementing strategic organizational initiatives in one or more operations management areas, including budget; financial management and reporting; facilities management; administration; supply and logistics management; information and communication technology; human resources.
- Prior experience in the development sector or UN system/ international NGOs would be an asset.
- Additional experience in one or more of the following areas would be desired:
- Audit and investigations
- Safety and Security
- Grant Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Experience in a UN system agency, large private or public company, or experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian/ emergency context is an asset.
- Experience in working with corporate ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning) and IPSAS (International Public Sector Accounting Standards) is highly desirable.
- Experience in Results Based Management is a requirement.
- Experience in managing successful client-oriented work units is an asset.
- Experience in co-creating policy is desirable.
- Prior experience working with diverse stakeholder groups or multi-stakeholder partnerships is highly desirable.
- Previous hands-on experience in strategic and managerial leadership is required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads, and Manages People (3)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (3)
- Works Collaboratively with others (3)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (3)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (3)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (3)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (3)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (3)
- Deciding and Initiating Action (2)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (3)
- Entrepreneurial Thinking (3)
- Analyzing (3)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Managing complexity and change
Country Typology: The position is based in ABUJA, a family duty station with international schools available and particularly well suited for families with young children.
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial / Personal Assistant (PA) / Clerical / Office Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|