Job Title: Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
The Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer: The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer will provide support and advice on the design, development, and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system within the project and the organization . The MEL officer will provide oversight on program-level monitoring, evaluation, and learning. S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation. The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress, measuring program inputs/outputs, and evaluating progress and changes as the project is being implemented S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (DMEL) Manager and will work closely with the programs, DMEL team, and other project team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase in assigned areas.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on the history of site visits; present findings to DMEL Manager in a concise and professional manner.
- In concert with the DMEL Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level projects.
- Conduct DQA and Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with the DMEL Manager and program team when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Assist in research and data analysis.
- Analyze project-specific and country IPTT from all the regions and action plans.
- Populate the KM database on a monthly basis with findings from different DMEL activities.
- Support quality, conflict-sensitive, innovative, and effective DMEL process in the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
- Implementing SFCG M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, listenership surveys, data collection processes, monitoring missions, and evaluations in the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
- Support follow-up, tracking, and reporting on project-level evaluation recommendations and the updating of lessons log, including collation, analysis, and reporting on organizational learning
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on the determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Quarterly Reports.
- Maintain and organize an electronic and paper record as MoV while providing minute taking and summary record duties as required
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the programs and Media & Communications teams when developing impact assessments, success stories, newsletters, and weekly reporting.
- Work with DMEL Manager to coordinate quarterly reflection and learning sessions with Search Staff in the State offices.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Coordinate weekly with the DMEL Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all DMEL tasks and reports.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in research methodologies, social sciences, related disciplines; or a related area
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in design, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies, of which at least one year of experience in the peacebuilding M&E;
- Proven experience in using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools;
- Knowledge of participatory methods, mixed methods, outcome mapping, and/or impact evaluation techniques
Other Relevant Requirements
- A collaborative working style that enables coaching and training in M&E principles and best-practices
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate evaluations, including experience developing evaluation terms of reference and recruiting and managing consultants;
- Extensive knowledge and application of proposal design principles;
- Knowledge of data software such as STATA, and SPSS;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
Note: This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
This position will close on 30th September 2022.
To apply: Interested candidates should send the following to our
Current summary Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
|Job Category||Social Policy, Innovation, Programme Management, Research, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Jobs in Nigeria|