Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Abuja – With support to any other State Interventions as needed
Report to: Base and Facility Officer
Report to (functional): Logistics Supervisor /Base and Facility Officer
Area: Logistics and supply
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of Extension
- Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions, and respecting the country’s traffic rules and MSF security rules in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service.
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions.
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non-MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowledge of communication radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Record all movements in the filling sheets.
- Ensure correct completion of vehicle LogBooks.
- Announce all the movement by Radio / Phone.
- Avoid the no-go zones according to the security plan.
- Secondary Education, plus a combination of relevant driving certification/ diploma or other academic qualifications and training. Good knowledge of country roads.
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, motorbikes)
- Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
- Mission Language
- Results and Quality Orientation L1, Teamwork and Cooperation L1, Behavioral Flexibility L1, Commitment to MSF Principles L1, Stress Management L2.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Women are encouraged to Apply.
|Job Category||Logistics / Transportation/ Supply Jobs in Nigeria|