Job Title: Driver to the Head of Office
Job ID: 39591 Practice Area – Job Family: Management
Application Deadline: 20/09/2021
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Management – LOGISTICS
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide reliable and secure driving services
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of UN Women Country Representative, other high-ranking officials, visitors, UN Women programme and operations staff, and facilitate VIP missions;
- Deliver and collect mail, documents and other items to Government – Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/ UN Offices;
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
- Verify that all passengers wear seatbelts at all times in the vehicle;
- Oversee and ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
- Oversee and ensure that all vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
Required Skills and Experience:
Education and Certification:
- Secondary education;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Experience driving high-profile dignitaries experienced driving 4×4 vehicles in rough terrain.
- Fluency in English is required
- knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.