British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electronics Specialist
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Reports To: Production Engineering Manager
Role Positioning And Objectives
- To ensure the reduction of breakdown on SMD (Secondary Manufacturing Department) machines and achieve maximum availability and efficiency through effective maintenance and provision of electrical support to all SMD production machineries in line with best practices, at an effective cost, in an hygienic and safe working environment.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Provide in-house training to electro technical staff when the need arises in order to raise the technical skill level.
- Provide technical support to production machines in SMD and other BAT Factories.
- Ensure maximum machine availability and efficiency through effective electrical maintenance
- Implement SMD machines weekly cleaning and monthly electro technical maintenance, as well as ensure proper documentation.
- Implement EHS audit recommendations on maintenance issue.
- Attend to technical call out request from SMD Cell Managers
- Ensures spares are planned and ready for use according to machine planned and preventative electro technical maintenance schedules.
- Implementation of downtime analysis of SMD machines and uses information to improve maintenance.
- Prepare for and present the learning and development solutions that addresses identified learning needs of individuals or group.
- Adapt learning strategy per individual according to learning styles that will successfully address identified needs and optimize the learning investments
- Assist to maintain the condition of machine and equipment required for learning, also to ensure the desired outcomes at all times.
- Lead and attend to all Projects and NPI from electrical areas and deliver all electrical section of initiatives.
- Provide on the job coaching on fault finding and diagnoses to the Electro technical maintenance staff
- Provide in-house training Electrotechnical maintenance staff as and when required to improve Technical Skill,
- Think ahead and prioritise effectively to meet company/team targets and goals.
- Monitor machine down time, interpret information in order to make decision and reduce month on month
- Monitor Product Quality and improve month on month
- Attend to technical call out request from Production Engineering Manager when the need arise
- Devise novel solutions to problems
- Installing new and existing equipment upgrade
- Continuously looking for better ways of carrying out maintenance process
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- HND or Degree in Electrical/Electronic field
- 5-8 years relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment within the FMCG sector
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC, automation processes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build cordial relationships with technical staff & other shop floor operators as an integrated member of both the technical team and Shop floor operations
- Solution oriented person
- Ability to deliver trainings and presentations
Competitive Salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Electrical/Electronic Engineer Jobs in Nigeria, Engineering / Electrical / Mechanical / Civil / Construction / Building Jobs in Nigeria|