Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Embedded Adviser – Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Specialist
Vacancy No. 095
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, Regional Pandemic Preparedness Project (RPPP)
About Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit: The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health with a strong background in epidemiology and disease control Professional experience
- 10 years of effective professional experience in management and implementation of complex public health programs involving management of epidemics and health emergencies in West Africa.
- 10 years’ experience in implementation of surveillance and disease control strategies at regional or national level, with particular emphasis on implementation of disease control strategies (IDSR) and implementation of digital approaches to disease surveillance.
- 10 years’ experience of collaboration with partners, interpersonal relations, and advocacy with an established network of officials at national, regional and international level.
- Strong ability for strategic analysis, summary and report writing, and good presentation skills.
- Communication and negotiation coupled with excellent diplomacy and persuasion skills and an ability to work in a dynamic, multidisciplinary, and highly political context.
- Strong organisational and project management skills and a good knowledge and understanding of results-based planning, monitoring, and reporting.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Letter of Motivation as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using “Vacancy no. “095” as the subject of the email.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2022.