JOB DESCRIPTION: ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGER
Sector: Financial Services
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Career Level: Grade 11
Reporting to: General Manager, Risk & Compliance
Experience: Minimum 7 years of experience working in risk management environment or similar role.
Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Enterprise Risk Manager will be responsible for supporting the head in the development, re-design, implementation and maintenance of the risk management framework within Paga in line with the company’s strategic plans and its 3rd party activities. This includes developing and maintaining detailed risk management policies and processes and working with key business stakeholders to facilitate the embedding of these across the organization. The Risk Manager will also be responsible for the ongoing review and challenge of risk framework effectiveness and the implementation of risk management best practice.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA (KPAS)
- Provide support to key business stakeholders in implementing the risk framework
- Work closely with the General Manager Risk in defining and refining the company’s risk appetite and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly
- Manage the relationship with the 3rd party outsourced provider risk representatives
- Engage with company-wide risk champions
- Primary contact for significant incidents or risk events
- Liase with regulator, Law enforcement and other external parties on risk and compliance events.
Managing Process and Administration
- Provide support to the General Manager of risk, in the design, documentation, communication and implementation of the enterprise risk management framework
- Prepare, maintain and communicate detailed risk management policies and processes including the risk control self-assessment process.
- Lead the risk assessment process for the company’s key products, projects and all regulatory and Information technology risk assessments.
- Assist in the annual review of the risk management policy in preparation for Board sign off, communicating amendments to business areas as required.
- Assist with the roll out of the risk control self-assessment and annual policy compliance processes, working with business stakeholders and 3rd party providers where appropriate
- Scope and deliver the ongoing self-assessment of risk management processes and procedures, scoping, agreeing and implementing improvements as required
- Review, assess and report significant risks and issues identified or reported by the business in line with the incident management process and assist the business in defining and agreeing remedial action
- Assist business lines in identification of key risks and mitigating controls as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified.
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address key risks on the risk and control self-assessments/risk registers.
- Prepare and collate monthly risk reporting to the General Manager Risk and Compliance.
- Challenge and periodically assess business area control assessments, including 3rd parties, reporting, recommending and agreeing remedial action where required
- Assist key business stakeholders in identifying and responding effectively to risks arising from internal changes or external events.
- Provide support in embedding a risk awareness culture
- Manage, implement and review the company compliance framework
- Implement the company’s Anti Money Laundering Program
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk-based challenges and offer appropriate solutions
- Communicate new applicable regulatory directives company wide.
- Continual drive for enhanced efficiency and client service (internal and external) in all Risk and Compliance processes
- Prepare regular compliance reports
- Managing people
- Take ownership for workload and is proactive in approach
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
- Creative and resourceful
- Good team player
- Manage time effectively, personally and on behalf of others
- Strong communication skills, using appropriate language and style of communication that is relevant to the situation and circumstances to influence
- Demonstrate sufficient self-awareness to identify personal strengths and areas for development
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Professional manner
- Attention to detail
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1 in an analytical field such as engineering, finance, computer science, mathematics, economics, etc
- At least 7 years relevant work experience
- Knowledgeable in technology
- Knowledge of risk management and auditing.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Previous experience in a risk management role within financial services ideally within a Platform environment
- Excellent knowledge of industry best risk management practice.
- Experience in developing and implementing risk management policies and processes
- Experience of reviewing 3rd party risks
- Ability to understand and articulate the commercial benefits of effective risk management
- Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Ability to analyse, present and report risk management data to senior stakeholders
- Team management skills including day to day training, supervision and performance management
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
Click on this link https://paga.bamboohr.com/jobs/ to apply for this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.