We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Estates Supervisor, EO
Job ID: 35/22 LOS
Grade: Executive Officer (EO)
Start Date: 1 November 2022
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Duration of Post: 24 months
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Number of vacancies: 1
Job Subcategory: Estates
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of Job:
- We are looking for a meticulous Estate Supervisor to spearhead the operation and upkeep of the British Deputy High Commission Lagos Estates – Accommodation and Furnishing (compounds x7, offices x2).
- To ensure that all are well maintained in accordance with British Government guidelines in Health & Safety demands (local and UK).
- The successful applicant will support the Estates Manager in achieving objectives of the Estates Team and other corporate services teams. This role leads a Furnishing and Accommodation team of 4, and controlling Estates documentation and files: such as Budgets and Contracts.
- Ensuring that the expected FCDO standard are met, with accurate record keeping and reports. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they are able to lead a team to maintain high standards of the estates; possess excellent organisational skills, including time management and the ability to prioritise effectively.
Roles and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management:
- Management of the Estates Furnishing/Accommodation team to ensure the team delivers a high quality service according to the agreed service level agreement by tracking and monitoring key performance indicators in line with the FCDO policies and guidance on Estate Management.
- Line manages and completes performance appraisals for staff; and support staff learning and development to develop capacity within the team. Ensure staff complete all mandatory training including Health and Safety.
- Liaise with all Corporate Services stakeholders (TWG, H&S, IT, Security etc.) to ensure that Furnishing related concerns are promptly addressed
Estates Management (Residential/ Office):
- Supervise the Fumigation exercise of post, and delegate to other suitable members of the Furnishing team, ensure that monthly reports are submitted by 1st week of the month and action points raised are addressed within suitable time
- Keep full inventories of all Residence furniture (Hard and Soft Furniture) and ensure that soft copy is updated during preparation of new arrival at post and departure from post.
- Assist the Estates Manager Estates equipment and Assets disposal auctions as and when required.
- Ensure that monthly contract meeting is held with Furnishing/Accommodation contractor takes place and re[port are stored in the Estates Microsoft Teams site
- Supervise the daily cleaning of all BHC compounds, offices and ensure that vacant houses are prepared and furnished with necessary furniture/float within reasonable time before new arrivals and removal of domestic floats once the occupants depart post
- Conduct March-in/March-out inventories for all new arrivals, update house inventory hard and soft copies of House inventory. Ensuring that Officers/Occupants sign the inventory forms and handover signed copies to the Estates Administrator officer for filing.
- Ensure that Furnishing/Accommodation related documents is kept in file by Estates Administrator.
- Oversee the running of Accommodation Cleaning store at WCC by ensuring that Bin cards are logged properly and all items are signed for before leaving the store by the Furnishing Assistant.
- Ensure that Weekly bottle water delivery is carried out by the Furnishing Assistant or Transport team in the absence of the Furnishing Assistant
- Conduct at least once a month Domestic Staff Quarters (DSQ) Checks and regular spot checks on Occupants and Users of the DSQ
- Quality check and sign off all Jobs Assigned to the Furnishing/Accommodation Team, ensuring that works are carried out to FCDO Standard
Health & Safety:
- Conduct weekly tool box for Furnishing Assistants and plan needed Health and Safety related training for the Furnishing Team, Liaising with the Estates Manager and TLO
- Mange all Estates related PCA Folders and Activities ensuring records are files, documented and work closely with the Health and Safety Officer
- Ensure compliance with all FCO Estates and Assets rules and regulations. Work with the Estates Manger, Technical Works Supervisors (TWSs), Health and Safety Officer to ensure all Post Compliance Audit report recommendations for Lagos is Implemented.
Financial and Budget Management:
- Manage the Official GPC card to procure goods and services for Estates, and maintain records and supporting documents for audit purposes.
- Approve GPC spent for Estates Administrator on HERA
- Ensure that the Furnishing team inventories for office & residential equipment are kept up to date at all times
- Assist the Estates Manger during Estates disposal of official equipment, Furniture, and scrap Items following FCO guidance.
- Carry out quarterly spot checks on the furniture store.
- Ensure that the Estates team delivered an updated House Inventory as part of Arrival at Post House check
- Budget Monitor to assigned Estates budget lines
- Conduct at least once a Month spot check of the estates store or as frequent as possible
Resources Managed (staff and expenditure):
- Day to day Line Management of 1 x A1 (L) Estates Administrator, 1 x A1 (L) Estates Stores Man, and 1 X S3 Furnishing assistant and Counter sign for the 1 X S3 Assistant Store-Man
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Facilities Management or any related Social Science course.
- Experience and knowledge of Facilities Management, with particular emphasises on.
- Experience in Managing Cleaning, Gardening, Waste and Fumigation Contracts.
- Managing a team and working across cultures.
- Health & Safety Certificate (IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH IGC).
- Able to write and interpret all Estates/Facilities Management related Risk assessment and Methods Statement documents.
- Posses a valid drivers licence with capability to drive a manual geared Pick-Up and Van
- Good written and spoken English.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and familiarity with UK building, and Health and Safety standards, and UK furnishings and fittings of Estates to FCO standards and expectations
- Good understanding of FCO Estates Policies & Guidelines
- Good Communication and time management Skills
- Ability to multi-task and supervise works in multiple sites at the same time.
- Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
USD 1,827.80 Monthly.
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
Learning and development opportunities:
- Complete the mandatory e-learning courses on arrival and develop knowledge as necessary completing the available e-learning course. Use of relevant Facilities Management software
Application Closing Date
5th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission in Lagos is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff are able to work within the BDHC but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to Obtain the relevant permit; Pay fees for the permit; Make arrangements to relocate; Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Deputy High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position
|Job Category||Facility Management / Estate Management / Maintenance Engineer Jobs in Nigeria, Supervisor|