We are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Advisor
Contract: Long term
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Line Management: None
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of AAN and partner organizations.
- Work with the Head of Finance on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through AA Nigeria communication procedures with donor and implementing partners
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partner organisations
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Head of Finance
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements; and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management.
Education / Qualifications
- First Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification. E.g ICAN
- At least four (4) years post NYSC experience, three (3) of which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems.
- Development sector experience as a finance person.
Skills / Abilities:
- Sound practical knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets
- Ability to work well with or without supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- High sense of integrity
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal:Entire AAN staff
- External:AAN Partners and other stakeholders.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location (e.g “Finance Advisor – Abuja”) as the subject of the email.
- Applications from women and candidates from the Northeast and Northwest are particularly encouraged
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Banking / Financial Services Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria, NGO / Non-Profit Associations Jobs in Nigeria|