Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
JOB TITLE: Finance Analyst
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- We are recruiting for a Finance Analyst who will work with the Chief Financial Officer to ensure effective and efficient implementation of finance processes, procedures and policies; including processing of financial transactions, financial analysis, financial reporting and treasury & investments.
- The Finance Analyst will be responsible for providing high quality analysis of the Company’s financial activities to ensure availability of critical information for decision making within the Company.
- Workforce diversity is critical to the client and is one of the client’s core values. As such, female candidates from the North and South-South region are strongly advised to apply.
The scope of work covers the following specific areas:
- Coordinate finance policies and processes, updates and ensures withdrawal of outdated policies and processes.
- Collation feedback and evaluates information on financial control lapses from various sources.
- Carry out processing of all financial transactions of the Company in line with the relevant processes, procedures and policies.
- Prepare daily activity records and Company’s financial position.
- Post duly approved entries in Company’s core accounting application and generate the trial balance
- Prepare accurate and timely journal entries in support of all financial transactions.
- Calculates and analyse trends in line with the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Prepares and evaluates financial projections – income statements, balance sheet, cash flow and key ratios.
- Prepare yield and cost reports of assets and liabilities compare to budget.
- Conducts financial and economic analyses of customers, projects and initiatives to assess profitability and performance.
- Collects and analyzes all financial data and appropriate performance indicators to ensure optimal balance sheet management
- Assist in developing and maintaining budgeting and financial forecasting tools.
- Be abreast of the relevant tax laws and regulations; and ensure compliance but the Company.
- Remit the relevant taxes and file tax returns within the timeline stipulated in the tax laws.
- Ensure that the Company’s activities are subjected to the appropriate tax.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements and analysis Manage the liaison with auditors during reviews of the Company’s records
- Provides financial expertise to teams in charge of activities at the various stages of project cycle, namely identification, preparation, appraisal, implementation and completion
- Assists with the provision of financial recommendations and advice to the management
- Reviews and reports on the alignment of proposed capital expenditure for initiatives with the Company’s objectives/performance targets as well as perform cost-benefit analysis
- Conducts review on historic performance and prepares report on financial trends and financial statement analysis
- Generates financial ratios between current and prior year values in the Balance Sheet, Income and Cash Flow Statements
- Assist in developing and maintaining budgeting and financial forecasting tools
- Monitor and track budget performance
- Prepare periodic budget performance report for functions in the Company
- Be abreast of the relevant tax laws and regulations; and ensure compliance but the Company
- Ensure that the Company’s activities are subjected to the appropriate tax
- Remit the relevant taxes and file tax returns within the timeline stipulated in the tax laws
- Liaise with the Company’s appointed tax consultant on tax issues.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounts or any Social Management Sciences or Business-related discipline.
- A Post graduate or Master’s Degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- Membership of ICAN, CPA, ACCA, CFA, etc. is required
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in an Accounting or finance related function
- Financial services industry knowledge.
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards and regulations (GAAP/IFRS etc.)
- Working knowledge of financial control and analysis.
- Knowledge of controls and risk Management.
- Knowledge of cash-flow and financial modelling.
- Knowledge of local and international economic and development issues.
Application Closing Date
Add A Comment