Bayer is an innovation-driven company with a long tradition in research and development. We leverage our expertise to address global challenges and aim to improve people’s lives around the world. Our Bayer Group mission "Bayer: Science For A Better Life" is the foundation of what we at Bayer CropScience strive to achieve within the agricultural sector. Our contribution to society is based on helping to ensure an ample supply of high-quality food, feed, fiber and renewable raw materials. Enhancing world food security.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Senior
Employment Type: Full-time
Division: Enabling Functions
Job Level: VS 1.2
- Responsible for the complete, timely execution of the Accounting Operations in good quality in the area of General Accounting and Internal Accounting according to the defined activity split.
- Contribute to the reliability of the books in his/her scope of responsibility allowing a certification by external auditors.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Contribute to the accuracy of the books in his/her scope of responsibility allowing a certification by external auditors.
- Support the increase of standard cases and involve business into the defined workflows.
- Monitoring of Accounts which are in responsibility of the country.
- Is responsible to do HB1 postings and evaluation (perform plausibility checks).
- Support the overall closing process.
- Review the result of different kind of processes e.g. revenue recognition and follow up with business; Calculate impending losses and perform manual posting.
- Responsible for timely and complete execution and improve of Accounting Operations activities as defined by Closing Calendar. controlling.
- Lead Investment Process (Accounting view) and perform Investment Tracking
- Asset Accounting Master Data:
- Inform GO about new national legal requirements and approve changes in Reference Asset.
- Review and approve changes in PO for assets acquisition
- Create Final Asset from Investment
- Assets transfer, disposal, change & sale:
- Check ACR request and create change report if needed.
- Analyse & Support Business Need to manage Asset Lifecycle.
- Review supporting documentation and check residual value for Asset Sale.
- Perform corrections (PS/CO) for depreciation errors for period end closing.
- Individual settlement of WBS/IO if applicable.
- Manage physical inventory:
- Inform GO about new national legal inventory requirements, prepare / distribute control list for physical inventory count and follow up on the inventory count result.
- Perform service accounting & project invoicing incl. analyse request and check MD parameters, request Master data, create relevant SD – order and generate invoices
- Asset Sale invoicing incl. analyze request and check MD parameters, request Master data, create relevant SD – order and generate invoices
- Specialized ad hoc support and project support specific to own area of expertise
- Support external & internal audit and perform ICS controls in his/her own area of expertise and responsibility.
Finance / Controlling and Various Projects:
- Analyze actual data for budget, comment on deviation for CPL cost
- Support development of cost forecast and budget at platform level.
- Support global/local projects
- Communicate proactively within the Headquarters and the organization
- Strong interaction and cooperation with local Support functions
- Provide leadership and actively cooperate with other local Platform functions with aim of creating and sustaining a spirit that is based on high performance team culture
- Comply with Bayer standard Financial Steering processes and its timelines (divisional and non-divisional)
- Operational rollout, implementation and change management of defined planning process and planning tools
- Responsible for local process governance and drives the required intercompany transactions including adherence to intercompany contracts.
- Ensures management support on special projects (e.g. LE implications from M&A activities, data.one).
- Ensure compliance with ICS relevant activities concerning legal entity relevant processes
- Drive local process optimization, automation and further development of standard tools and reports
- Support initiatives to automate planning processes by applying analytical measures.
- Manage cross functional programs with colleagues to identify and implement efficiencies, cost savings, synergies and other value-added activities
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in Finance or equivalent with a minimum of (5) years of overall accounting and/or controlling experience or MBA (preferred).
- Familiar with tax (local and group view) & local financial reporting / standards as well as treasury knowledge for liquidity and exposure planning.
- Entrepreneurial drive, courage and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative, complex and fast-paced environment.
- Team player, good communication, change management and constructive facilitation skills Process-management skills with focus on simplicity and efficiency.
- Conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- English fluent written and spoken.
- Strong “Business Partnering” competencies: Business Insights, Strategic Mindset, Courage, Collaboration.
- Manages Complexity – ability to understand multi-dimensional situations and processes and recognize interdependencies while driving efficiency and simplicity
- Plans & aligns – lead consolidation of sales and profit in support of local and global planning and reporting needs.
- Drive results – proven track record of ability to successfully deliver results for standard and ad hoc demands.
- Mindset of Compliance as well as able to make professional judgement in order to bridge local and global requirements / standards.
- Continuous improvement (CI) mind-set, knowledge of CI methodology is beneficial (e.g. LEAN).
- Strong management, leadership, organizational and communication skills, sound understanding of global controlling standards and methodologies.
- Strong drive to turn business needs and pain points into simple, efficient and innovative solutions even under tough circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders across multiple functions and regions around the world
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|