Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All three task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Job Description / Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Finance Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Prepare and submit deposits and wire transfer requests to the bank.
- Issue checks of payment for processed transactions, logs payments, distribute and/or mail checks to the appropriate vendor.
- Review project staff timesheets and processes monthly payroll.
- Calculate and processes any tax payments, when appropriate
- Liaise with a Nigerian accounting firm in performing local financial management and the appropriate local accounting reporting needed.
- Prepare and maintain all the project financial reporting for the Nigerian authority’s others. Ensure that all financial transactions and practices related to PSM activities in Nigeria adhere to USAID and Government of Nigeria regulations.
- Review expenses entered into ABACUS (PSM accounting system) and provide supporting documentation for expenses entered.
- Supervise the management of petty cash.
- Oversee the purchase of office supplies and other small to mid-size procurements.
- Collect and review employee expense reports for accuracy.
- Prepare and submit monthly accounting reports to the home office, respond to questions from home office accounting unit and project management unit.
- Maintain transparent and audit-proof record keeping systems per PSM’s policies.
- Review, process, and enter accounting activity.
- Obtain documentation and approval for all transactions.
- Research the status of invoices/payments, as required.
- Submit recommendations for standard exchange rate to HO every month.
- Responsible for the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the project annual work plan budget and Chemonics Field Office corporate forecasting, liaising with the headquarters Country Team;
- Develop and implement a budget tracking system to monitor the implementation of planned activities based on the approved work plan budget;
- Review monthly expenditure forecast from Task Order managers and Wire Transfer Request of planned activities for the purpose of ensuring program operations and activities are within budget;
- Review PAR, Travel & Activity Advances, and Hiring Requests to ascertain budget provision and reasonability;
- Provide factual and analytical budget performance reporting;
- Conduct ad hoc auditing of financial transactions on a sample basis to ensure that appropriate back-up documentation exists;
- Ensure that all receipts and invoices are originals and are properly filed according to transaction dates.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program administrative and finance management;
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs;
- In depth knowledge of the operating environment and employment regulations in Nigeria;
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Fluency in English is required.
- The Finance Manager will report directly to the Finance Director or his/her designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please apply by completing the form and submitting a CV
- No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|