We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer – Nigeria IHP
Ref No: req16372
Project Overview and Role
- Nigeria Integrated Health Program is an integrated health program with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) to identify and support rapid scale-up of proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening of health systems.
- It will focus its support for service delivery in six intervention areas: family planning, malaria, routine immunization, nutrition, maternal/new born health, and treatment of childhood pneumonia/diarrhea. It has a strong emphasis on monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- This program will work closely with state-level government officials to support established state-level Health and Development Plans, build capacity, and promote ownership of interventions, systems, and results.
- Specific interventions will need to be tailored to local contexts and will be fully developed at state and Local Government Area (LGA) levels.
- Through agreements with individual states, the program’s potential breadth is the entire country with an emphasis on the north.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Budget, Accounting and Financial Management:
- Ensure all finances are managed in alignment with the Nigerian government regulations, company and client’s financial policies and procedures.
- Liaise with project team in Field Office and HQ to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts.
- Forecast project expenditures through field office, timely submit field cash requests and manage cash flows in field office.
- Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances or finances.
- Reconcile and review invoices for payments. Ensure necessary review, deliverables, and approvals before issuing payments. Write checks and issue payments.
- Ensure applicable tax withholding and deductions are taken care of as per the Nigerian laws and regulations.
- Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records and supporting documentations.
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to HQ, as required.
- Collect bank statements for the bank accounts, review cash book, and reconcile the accounts.
- Review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis.
- Prepare financial report as necessary and provide necessary financial support to the project.
- Process for applicable tax exemptions and VAT reimbursements during or after procurements in collaboration with the Nigeria Compliance Manager.
- Assist in end of year financial audit, as required.
- Work closely with the Operations Officer for daily tasks and project management.
Grants Management Support:
- Review recipients’ finance vouchers
- Process recipients’ invoices and payments.
- University graduate in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field.
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in broader finance, accounts and operations management with an international organization and
- USG contracts experience preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel would be added advantage)
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player;
- Results oriented and attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria|