Airtel Networks Limited is a leading telecommunications services provider with headquarters in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top three mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 50 million as at December, 2019. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, Home Broadband and enterprise services.
Job Title: Financial Reporting & Tax Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
The prospective role holder will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing Financial Reporting, taxation and accounting processes.
- Ensure company level books closing process every month, quarter and year in terms of timelines and accuracy.
- Preparation of Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statements, Cash Flows and Notes on Accounts as per applicable IFRS and Banking Regulation by CBN). Custodian of the internal control framework as required by Regulation. Drives cross functional compliance.
- Review of work related to vendor payments and ensuring completeness of month end provisions.
- Compliance of all statutory requirements related to Direct and Indirect taxation of the organization are met including timely and accurate submissions returns, proper documentations, etc.
- Conducts reviews of the banking operations. Analyses trial balances including aging, movement, recoverability and impairment. Perform variance analysis and sense checks.
- Ensure adherence to audit requirements including co-ordination with Statutory, Tax and Internal Auditors, regulatory audits, for timely closure as per calendar.
- Implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintaining Financial Delegation of Authority (FDoA).
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that company financial information is secure.
- Should be able to specify accounting and tax implication when new products are rolled out.
- Governance of tax accounting done by Shared Services team and guide them with relevant rules, steps etc.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines.
- Over 8 years of work experience in banking/financial services industry.
- Experience of working in a Accounting /FINCON function in a Bank is a mandatory requirement.
- Understands accounting principles, standards (IFRS) and Banking Regulations.
- High level of proficiency in the using the Oracle Flexcube/Accounting software, Proficient in using Microsoft Offices Software.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- Verse with taxation rules and returns for reporting and compliance.
- Excellent excel skills.
- High integrity.
- Effective communication skills.
- Extremely proactive and able to take initiative in making strategic decisions.
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria|