Rogba Integrated Farms Limited is recruiting to fill:
Job Title: Fish & Snail Pond Attendant
Location: Mowe Ofada Ogun State
Employment Type: Full-time
We are currently looking for a Fish & Snail Pond Attendantfor rearing and breeding of fish for wholesale and retail purposes. We are a new start up farm with 3,000 juvenile fishes and 1,000 snail for you tooversee the day to day running and ensure there are smooth and efficient operations.
- We provide comfortable accommodation & food on farm site, with 24 hours internet & cable, solar inverter & camera on site but have it in mind the farm is located in the outskirts of Mowe Ofada.
- Possessing stock skills such as fish handling, spawning, grading and harvesting;
- Updating knowledge of fish health and nutrition;
- Understanding legislation and how to implement this into practical application;
- Calculating the feeding regime
- Monitoring the health of the snail/fish and treating them when appropriate;
- Planning breeding programmes and growing schedules to obtain maximum efficiency;
- Adhering to environmental standards;
- Ensuring the water supply is of a sufficient quality for the stock;
- Paying close attention to detail in order to avoid expensive fish losses in what can be a high risk industry;
- Being aware of different water management techniques;
- Adapting to new technologies as they develop and learning practical skills;
- Maintaining records of stocks
- Prior practice in a cat fish farm is also important.
- 2 years or more in the same field is also considered.
- Have enthusiasm for fish and their welfare.
- Environment and nature conservation conscious.
- Have knowledge about administrative and operating afish pondprocedures.
- Possess well organizational, communication and personality and the ability to do tasks under a stress full environment.
- Ability to maintain a strict snail/fishingschedule and plan
- N25,000 – N40,000 monthly
- Is salary negotiable? Yes, after 4/6 months, when production sales begins.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2021
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should send CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Job Title as the Subject of the email.