United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Field Officer (CFO)
Job Number: 552363
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Programme Management
How Can You Make a Difference?
- Under the guidance of the Chief Field Operations, the Chief Field Officer (CFO) is accountable for managing and leading the total programme commitment of the Kaduna Field Office within the Nigeria Country programme.
- The CFO represents UNICEF in his/her Area of Responsibility (AoR), leads and oversees the various program sectors and operational service teams ensuring the delivery of quality results in accordance with UNICEF’s programme of cooperation, country programme management plan and overall vision set forward by the Representative.
Summary of Key Functions / Accountabilities
- Effective management of UNICEF presence, staff and assets in the Area of Responsibility
- Effective knowledge management systems adopted and utilized to strengthen area/country programme management.
- Situation Analysis prepared and updated; critical programme intervention points and measures identified; and programme work plans, recommendations and reports prepared.
- Programme funds optimally used.
- Programme monitoring and evaluations effectively conducted to improve programme performance, and programme status reports timely prepared. Gender/sex disaggregated data and inputs relevant to the country programme are provided as an integral part of programming.
- Rights based and results based programming approach fully incorporated into all phases of programme and project processes.
- Commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local partners effectively gained and established.
- Rights perspective and advocacy at the national, community and family levels incorporated in policy analysis for establishing and elevating UNICEF’s credibility in national and international policy debates.
- Effective partnerships and collaboration achieved and maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, programme development/management/coordination, information sharing and networking.
To Qualify as an Advocate for Every Child, You Will Have
- An Advanced University Degree in one of the following field: Health, Public Health, Social Sciences, International Relations, Public Administration, Government and Public Relations, Public or Social Policy, Sociology, Social or Community Development, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of eight years of professional work experience in programme management, planning, monitoring and evaluation, project administration or another relevant area is required
- Experience working in a developing country/emergency context is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For Every Child, You Will Demonstrate
UNICEF’s Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and Competencies:
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (2)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.