Gokada is a leading technology startup in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa.
Gokada’s services include instant parcel delivery, food delivery, ride-hailing, and more. Currently headquartered in Lagos, Gokada is in the process of expanding to other cities. Our Vision is to be the biggest Super App for Africa and we aim to make African Cities easier, better and more enjoyable to live in by empowering lives of people through technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Given the current Lagos market, traffic remains one of the biggest challenges.
- The city needs innovative projects to curb traffic, provide safer and better services, and make people lives easier.
- After working on providing safe and reliable delivery services in Lagos, Gokada is looking to pilot new projects to give Lagosians safe, fast and reliable service.
- Looking for rock stars to take over the entire initiative of market research, running full scale test pilots and finally building/scaling the project.
- Will be initially a 3-month project which can be further converted to full-time position based on performance and interest.
- You’ll be joining a team of highly motivated and vibrant professionals that believe in collaboration, passionate about excellence and results.
- You’ll learn about the Gokada way, our values, learn from our team, management, while also sharing your own best practices and your own style. You’ll get to know our quirks and how we celebrate and value everyone’s personality on our team and organization as a whole.
- We are looking to add a passionate full stack developer to our product team. Day-to-day, you will work closely with the product team in Agile sprints, to improve and maintain our current product. This is a long-term, full-time position.
- Degree in a relevant Business-oriented stream.
- A minimum of 3 years’ demonstrable experience in a pertinent managerial position.
- Effective presentation and communications skills.
The Skill Set:
- Experience with OOP, ideally in PHP/Python
- Experience with React/React-Native framework
- Experience with AWS (S3/RDS/EC2/Route 53)
- Experience with MySQL/MongoDB
- Experience with Git
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with Laravel/Lumen framework
- Fluency in English
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience with automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Experience deploying hybrid apps to Google Play and App Store
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Gokada is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t tolerate discrimination against protected characteristics ( such as but not limited to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status.)
- We want all employees (including executives and People Success) to treat others with respect and professionalism.