Jhpiego is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Technical Advisor
Job ID: 2023-5201
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Category: International Positions
Employment Status: Full-Time
About Jhpiego: Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- Advanced Degree in Development and Gender Studies, Women Studies, Human Rights, Communication, Public Health, International Health, International Development or a related field with a minimum of 8 years experience in development of which 5-6 years working experience in the areas gender, women’s health, gender-based violence (GBV) and human rights defense.
- Understanding of the Nigerian social and political context and developments in the area of gender equality mainstreaming, women empowerment and gender-based violence programming
- Strong understanding of empowerment and gender-based violence prevention and response frameworks
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with government stakeholder and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, the private sector and donors.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, supervisory and team-building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and proven knowledge and skills in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word processing, Excel and PowerPoint) is mandatory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and fluency in English language
- Excellent group facilitation and communication skills; experience in multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning
- Strong knowledge of gender and global development issues, preferably with understanding of USAID and PEPFAR’s approach to gender equality and gender- based violence.
- Excellent group facilitation, multi-stakeholder consultation, and strategic planning skills
- Strong writing skills, both for technical and program reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in cross-cultural teams and under tight deadlines.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- A personal commitment to gender equality and social inclusion.
- Able to undertake frequent travel
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2023.