Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Food Distribution (GFD) Assistant
Location: Damboa / Askira Uba – Borno
Slot: 3 Openings
Job type: Contract
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Working Condition: 100% Field Location
About Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative: Damnaish Human Capacity Building Initiative (DHCBI) is a Humanitarian Non-Governmental Organization, founded in 2014 and incorporated with the Nigerian Government (Corporate Affairs Commission) in 2015 (CAC/IT/No 83231) to provide humanitarian assistance, in terms of emergency and Capacity building, social development and empowerment to eradication poverty and the fear of want. It has since its inception, been strategizing, collaborating, and interfacing with relevant stakeholders toward enhancing the individual’s ability to break free from poverty or bounce back in times of crisis.
- University Degree or Minimum of Higher National Diploma in FSL-related studies like Agriculture / Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, Economics, Business Administration, Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Management or other closely related fields.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in humanitarian or development contexts, food assistance, nutrition or livelihood programs with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
- Experience in community participatory methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Capacity and willingness to base at DHCBI field locations.
- Good understanding and knowledge in the application of do-no-harm, conflict sensitivity principles and DHCBI standards and ethics for protection work.
- Good understanding of protection concerns, including GBV issues in displacement, human rights, and international humanitarian law.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for beneficiaries.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, coordinate multiple tasks, and maintain attention to detail.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and other local languages.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action, and to DHCBI’s mission, values and policies
- Excellent computer knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- DHCBI do not solicit fee from interested jobseekers. Please note that DHCBI will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- DHCBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DHCBI considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, colour, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2023.
|Job Category||Assistant Jobs in Nigeria|