We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Internal Audit
Location: Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
- Ensure the implementation of effective controls in all business processes, operations and systems, to ensure transparency and promote good corporate governance.
- Manage the development and monitor execution of the Financial & Operational Audit Plan
- Ensure team members possess required skills to conduct financial audits
- Ensure that audit procedures are strictly adhered to, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence, and documentation of processes and procedures
- Evaluate financial records and establish risk based audit programs
- Review and validate the financial & operational audit report prepared by the team
- Make recommendations to enhance the internal control system
- Perform and Manage ad hoc or special audit assignments, investigations as instructed by the Group Head of Audit
- Ensure full utilization of Audit tools throughout the audit assignments
- Oversee and manage the work of the financial and operational audit analysts
- Communicate the results, findings and recommendations of audit projects via written reports and face-to-face presentations on a timely basis to the Group Head of Audit
- Maintain all organisational and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and IIA Code of Ethics.
- Perform peer quality reviews as requested by the Group Head
- Ensure risk assessment is updated to reflect identified controls that will impact the residual risk score.
- Direct and Manage ad hoc or special audit assignments and investigations
- Identify training needs of direct reports and recommend training courses/programs
- Work with process owners to review management’s response to external audit management letter recommendations; monitor progress on plans to address them and perform follow-up
- Arrange in the internal audit engagement planning process.
- A First Degree in Accounting or any related discipline
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting is or MBA would be an added advantage.
- Membership of the following professional bodies is a MUST: Certified Institute of Auditors (CIA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
- 20 – 25 years’ financial and operational audit work experience.
- Big 4, Global corporate or international work experience is a distinct advantage
- Experience across multiple industries/markets e.g. Manufacturing, Energy, Utilities etcetera. International work experience is an added advantage.
- Private Health Insurance
- Training & Development
- Paid Time Off.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
|Job Category||Accounting / Accountant / Auditing / Tax / Finance Jobs in Nigeria, Finance / Accounting / Audit / Tax Jobs in Nigeria, General Manager, Managerial Jobs in Nigeria|