The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grant and Compliance Specialist
Location: Cross River
Job Type: Full Time
Project: ICHSSA Lot 1
Department: Finance and Grant
Reports to: Grant and Compliance Manager
- The Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award ICHSSA 1 is a newly awarded five-year agreement by USAID, commenced on December 19, 2019. ICHSSA 1 is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Research Nigeria.
- The project will ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
The project expected results is highlighted as follows:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
- The grant and compliance specialist work with the grant and compliance Manager in his/her duties. The grant and compliance officer prepares, negotiates and manages the contract process between the organization and sub- recipients / contractors.
- S/He interpret all contracts and agreements to ensure compliance with USAID policies and within legal and statutory requirements.
- S/He prepare monthly summary reports tracking monthly revenue and expenditure on all grants and contracts and support the design and maintenance of a strong internal control system.
- S/He does other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Under the leadership of the Grant Compliance Manager, the SG&C Specialist will be responsible for finance compliance support to allocated CCCRN local partners and related sub-agreements.
- Report Sub-Agreement commitments to be recorded in CCCRN accounting system.
- Review and process the issuance of project advances in accordance with CCCRN and Donor Policies and Procedures.
- S/he interprets USG regulations to local partners and CCCRN Nigeria ICHSSA
- Management. The specialist also assists with trainings on compliance, conducts financial reviews and follow-up of recommendations, and identifies training needs, and develops site-specific curriculum to address the needs.
- Serve as principle point of contact on compliance issues with partners and program managers/officers
- Provide senior level technical support to the CBOs/local partners to finalize their annual budgets, conduct a review of budgets against project targets, budget notes and justification, making recommendations and follow-up implementation.
- Monitor monthly reports for liquidation, update budget analysis and advise the Finance & Account Director and Grant and Compliance Manager accordingly
- Monitor allocated partner agreements and budgets and ensure compliance with Compliance Manuals and donor guidelines.
- Conducts in CCCRN Internal Control and Monitoring/ pre-award assessments as required.
- Ensure that partners keep supporting documents for all financial transactions, keep ledgers for Fixed Assets, Purchase Requisitions, Cash Receipts and Disbursements.
- Other duties assigned
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: The position has no supervisory role
- Internal: State Program Manager, State Program Officers,
- External: CSO Partners
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc in Accounting, ICAN/ACCA Certification
- At least 4 years post NYSC grants management experience in an international NGO
- Proficiency in the use of Quickbooks accounting Software
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, required.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills.
- Should be willing and able to travel widely within the country
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
Agency Wide Competences (for all CCCRN staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CCCRN and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- CCCRN core values are; Excellence, Knowledge, Professionalism, Accountability, Diversity and Collaboration
Application closing Date
10th June 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates Should
Click here to apply online